NFL Discussion

but should they REALLY be 4-0? I feel like its just been kinda dumb luck..

You could go on all day about every team's record, how one play could've changed the whole outcome, and they could have an opposite record, and all that bullshit. At the end of the day, they've won all 4 games that they've played.

You could go on all day about every team's record, how one play could've changed the whole outcome, and they could have an opposite record, and all that bullshit. At the end of the day, they've won all 4 games that they've played.

they did kinda get lucky that Seattle didnt score when they got that 4th time out though.. but yeah, not knocking arizona, I just feel like they've been lucky

but should they REALLY be 4-0? I feel like its just been kinda dumb luck..

as someone who has been a fan of the cardinals since i was kid and going to games as far back as 1992, i am not oblivious to how much suckage this franchise is capable of. that being said, i feel like calling something "lucky" in sports is, for the most part, a matter of perception. if the ravens have a defensive stand the way the cards did against seattle, they would be praised. if the cardinals do it, its luck. the pats game was only lucky in the sense that the ryan willaims pitch at the end was a seriously stupid call. the way our defense played against brady and NE was not luck. the cardinals of the past would have rolled over and died against miami. by my estimation, it was just a solid comeback. i just dont think any team goes 11-2 in their last 13 games just by luck alone.

to be fair, im not even sure were currently a top 10 team, let alone top 5 - but ive suffered through enough miserable seasons with this team to see that they're actually progressing into a half way decent football team. now, if we can only shore up our offensive line and kevin kolb could eliminate his seemingly random ability to throw the worst fucking passes at the worst possible time...

This is apparently my 7th season of fantasy football, which shocked me. I thought I was at 4. I suck, really bad. I got drunk at a bar instead of drafting (forgot about it) so my team this year blows. Both quarterbacks have a bye this week, as does my punter, a WR, my backup TE, and then on top of all that 3 RBs are hurt. It's a fuckin joke. I don't want to even bother setting my week 5 roster, I just want to fast forward to week 6.

I finished a regular season in 1st place once but got knocked out when someone had a fluke game against me in the playoffs. I've finished terribly in all the other seasons. I'm 2-2 now, going to fall to 2-3 next week.

wasnt Romo supposed to be the savior of Dallas when he was drafted? dude has been one giant mediocre dump. I would not be surprised if dallas parted ways with him and tried to grab someone from another team or draft someone...

He wasn't drafted.

I'm not saying he's an elite quarterback, but I don't think he's the sole reason the Cowboys never quite live up to expectations. Last year he had a pretty impressive season by most standards. Even last night, a couple of those picks weren't exactly his fault.

I will say, though, he always seems to pick primetime games to show the whole country just how bad he can be at his worst.

i really wish romo would prove himself. hes fun to laugh at and all, but i really have nothing against him...or even the cowboys.

as a patriots fan, its infuriating being for a team who is either loved or hated... theres no such thing as neutrality. i imagine its very much the same for the cowboys, just because they were great in the early 90s.

but for years, theyve generally fielded teams that have been entertaining to watch in one regard or another. i dont necessarily root for them to win, but im also not opposed to them.

The problem with cowboys fans is that they will always compare him to starbauch and aikman. They complain he will never be as good as them. But they all fail to realize is that both those quarterbacks had great defenses and great receivers to throw to.

Honestly even if he won a superbowl people will still complain cause he only won one. Either romo isn't a great qb but he is good one. Minus last night. Problem is in dallas you are either great or they want you out.

The problem with cowboys fans is that they will always compare him to starbauch and aikman. They complain he will never be as good as them. But they all fail to realize is that both those quarterbacks had great defenses and great receivers to throw to.

Honestly even if he won a superbowl people will still complain cause he only won one. Either romo isn't a great qb but he is good one. Minus last night. Problem is in dallas you are either great or they want you out.

Miles Austin is a great receiver (with the only tier above "great" being "elite" in my system). Dez Bryant is a better than average #2. He got what, 5 years out of Witten as one of the 3 best TEs in the game? No Emmitt Smith but they have OK backs that put together serviceable seasons (guys like Demarco, Marion the Barbarian). Demarcus Ware could end up being the all-time sack leader in the NFL. Not saying that is a super bowl right there but don't make it seem like the guy is on an island by himself.

The problem with Dallas is that they think they are more important than they are because of the owner. Like they are the Yankees or the Lakers. They aren't.

Miles austin is great when he us not inured. I dying think he had one non injury season. Dez above average. Hardly. He is very inconsistent. one game he can anything then next he couldn't catch a cold. Also forgot to mention a o line.

Ware is great. One of the best ever but last I checked 11 guys play defense not 1. The secondary can't cover anything and even with the emergence of lee the linebackers have ben average at best.

And I'm not lifting all the blame off romo. He had sucked but when people say they need to get rid if him and try and get stephen mcgee on is beyond idiocy. There really is no better alternative

I know. I don't have the knowledge of the entire team to grade every position. I just talked about what I knew. I stand by my claim that Cowboy's fans think their team is more important to the NFL than it really is. And now they are going through a down time like every team in the NFL does, and Romo is taking the brunt of it. Like they are supposed to be great. They aren't.