NFL Discussion

The Shields deal seems to be structured in a nice way for the Packers to both make him cuttable if he doesn't keep ascending and keep as much salary cap flexibility this year. 

Gotta think this is the year Ted Thompson dips his toes in the Free Agency waters.  If not I it sucks but at least that is money that can be used to lock up Cobb, Nelson or Mike Daniels.

The Shields deal seems to be structured in a nice way for the Packers to both make him cuttable if he doesn't keep ascending and keep as much salary cap flexibility this year.

Gotta think this is the year Ted Thompson dips his toes in the Free Agency waters. If not I it sucks but at least that is money that can be used to lock up Cobb, Nelson or Mike Daniels.

He has too, I think he'll spend a few bucks on the defense in fa, they were so bad

Criticized people celebrating us getting bin laden and tweeted 911 conspiracy theories. Compared the NFL to the slave trade.

Eff him.

Other than the 911 stuff, he is spot on. Sure Bin Laden was the bad guy, but our reaction to "getting" him was just as awful imho. The slave trade thing isn't that far off either.

if he wants to tweet 9/11 conspiracy theories, thats fine.  he has the right to.  obviously he is going to make people upset doing so, but he has the right to do so, just like you and i.  

as far as bin laden, i'm in the same boat as must of you all, where it wasn't something to celebrate and was really surprised with a lot of peoples reactions as well.  however; i can see how a family that lost someone special in the war or 9/11 can feel like justice was served and his death could help them move on and have some closure.

slave trade is dumb.  last time i remembered slaves weren't making over 2 million a year to play football.  he might want to take a few history courses post-football.

Criticized people celebrating us getting bin laden and tweeted 911 conspiracy theories. Compared the NFL to the slave trade.

Eff him.

Criticized the fact that humans would rejoice in the death of someone... I can see how that could be viewed as unpeaceful. 

9/11 conspiracy theories? If you can explain to me the dynamics and engineering of the towers and how the math/engineering backs up non detonation of bombs used I'd probably side with you against him but what's wrong with Mendenhall criticizing the fact that evidence suggests otherwise? He sounds like a conscious American to me so far...

And his equating of NFL to the slave trade is purely an opinion. Why can't he have that opinion? I could make the same argument that our society can be equated to the slave trade on the premise that everything in the entertainment industry is based off money and production. Mendenhall was explaining how there is this machine that just sucks up athletes to serve it's purpose as its cogs. Who knows maybe he saw a culture in the NFL that led him to that belief. And I would say it's not just the NFL but the whole of the entertainment industry that fits some of the mold of the "Slave Trade" ethos. (Were all slaves in my opinion but that's another essay in itself!) I guess that's why folks like me and you would rather turn the cheek and get on vinyl collective forums because were so bummed out with "real life." Ok not bummed out, but content with it. 

Hey man, no bad blood between you and I but just saying...

Criticized the fact that humans would rejoice in the death of someone... I can see how that could be viewed as unpeaceful. 

9/11 conspiracy theories? If you can explain to me the dynamics and engineering of the towers and how the math/engineering backs up non detonation of bombs used I'd probably side with you against him but what's wrong with Mendenhall criticizing the fact that evidence suggests otherwise? He sounds like a conscious American to me so far...

And his equating of NFL to the slave trade is purely an opinion. Why can't he have that opinion? I could make the same argument that our society can be equated to the slave trade on the premise that everything in the entertainment industry is based off money and production. Mendenhall was explaining how there is this machine that just sucks up athletes to serve it's purpose as its cogs. Who knows maybe he saw a culture in the NFL that led him to that belief. And I would say it's not just the NFL but the whole of the entertainment industry that fits some of the mold of the "Slave Trade" ethos. (Were all slaves in my opinion but that's another essay in itself!) I guess that's why folks like me and you would rather turn the cheek and get on vinyl collective forums because were so bummed out with "real life." Ok not bummed out, but content with it. 

Hey man, no bad blood between you and I but just saying...

For real, not saying 9/11 was a big inside-job, but there are so many unanswered questions and aversion to releasing information that it creates a sense of doubt for a lot of people.

i think baltimore still has the rights to him since he was never released.  really small win win contract with him, but i do love me some daryl smith.  

That'd be really good if you guys got him back. I wonder what the owner thinks though (with all the offseason troubles would it make sense to bring him into that locker room? a lot of dudes struggling to stay out of trouble!)

That'd be really good if you guys got him back. I wonder what the owner thinks though (with all the offseason troubles would it make sense to bring him into that locker room? a lot of dudes struggling to stay out of trouble!)

why not, were the jail birds this offseason. also, low risk high reward.