NFL Discussion

No link, espn had a correspondent on last night that gave some excerpts.

I'll paraphrase a little bit:

-"don't want daddy to hit me in the face"

-"daddy has a lot of belts"

-something about "daddy's whooping room"

-something about being hit in the "peepee" prior

to this incident

I'm a huge Vikings fan, and I gotta say I don't condone that type of behavior, but that being said, ap has always come across as a huge family man that loves his kids very much.

It sounds to me that he used a switch on his son and did not notice it was wrapping around and hurting his son that badly. And I believe he is sincere in not meaning to hurt the boy.

I think this is a matter of opinion on how to raise a child, I think this was a case of it going a little too far and Adrian knows that.

I think it's silly he has been diactivated for the game.

And as for things his son allegedly said, I think they are bs, based on nothing other then my speculation on AP character.

Hopefully this won't get more out of hand.

I was really looking forward to this game too. I thought it was going to be really good.

If the whole Rice debacle hadn't immediately preceded this, I think he'd still be playing tomorrow. You have to believe that his deactivation is mostly PR defense.

I just don't like that people are getting behind Peterson by saying "well I was beaten as a kid, so it's okay!"

I was bullied as a kid. Bullying is not okay.

Men used to casually beat their wives. Domestic violence is not okay.

Slavery used to be the most profitable practice in our country. Slavery and racism are not okay.

AD, not AP. A Vikes fan should know that.

You are correct, 50 lashes with a switch for me.

If the whole Rice debacle hadn't immediately preceded this, I think he'd still be playing tomorrow. You have to believe that his deactivation is mostly PR defense.

I just don't like that people are getting behind Peterson by saying "well I was beaten as a kid, so it's okay!"

I was bullied as a kid. Bullying is not okay.

Men used to casually beat their wives. Domestic violence is not okay.

Slavery used to be the most profitable practice in our country. Slavery and racism are not okay.

I PERSONALLY agree with you. Its no way to raise a kid in my opinion, but thats just it, its fine line between child abuse and being stern. i think he unintentionally crossed it,

But i would not peg AD as a child abuser

I was beaten as a child with a switch and I'm just fine. Wasn't any worse than any spanking I received with a belt. Typical media overreaction.

Some people may not agree and I understand that but I was raised this way and my brothers and I are all college grads or soon to be. Everyone parents differently.

I don't see how teaching your child, that when they are adults, hitting their own child, is ok. It's cowardly to me. It's just a reaction out of frustration for having the inability to discipline through patience.

But I agree everyone see's things differently.  I'm also not sure this is a media overreaction. I'm of the opinion that we should as a society protect innocent children from being hit to the point of bleeding or bruising, hell I'm against putting hands on a child as a form of punishment altogether. But again everyones different, I guess only the judge can decide in this case

AD, not AP. A Vikes fan should know that.

#AllDayExceptSunday

You are correct, 50 lashes with a switch for me.

I PERSONALLY agree with you. Its no way to raise a kid in my opinion, but thats just it, its fine line between child abuse and being stern. i think he unintentionally crossed it,

But i would not peg AD as a *Chronic* child abuser

Fixed? Sorta? The end result is still bad

It's tough. All I can say as someone who has followed Adrian's personal and professional career for the past years is I believe he is a good man who made a bad mistake.

I hope everyone moves on from it after whatever the judgment is. I hope he learns from it and makes him a better person.

I'm a huge Vikings fan, and I gotta say I don't condone that type of behavior, but that being said, ap has always come across as a huge family man that loves his kids very much.

It sounds to me that he used a switch on his son and did not notice it was wrapping around and hurting his son that badly. And I believe he is sincere in not meaning to hurt the boy.

I think this is a matter of opinion on how to raise a child, I think this was a case of it going a little too far and Adrian knows that.

I think it's silly he has been diactivated for the game.

And as for things his son allegedly said, I think they are bs, based on nothing other then my speculation on AP character.

Hopefully this won't get more out of hand.

I was really looking forward to this game too. I thought it was going to be really good.

I agree that it is a matter of opinion, but did you see the pics? How many times did he hit the poor child? The little guy had defensive wounds on his hands from trying to shield himself. He had lacerations and open wounds. He beat so him so senselessly that he hit his kid in the nuts. That sounds like an angry asshole abusing his powet as a parent. He stuffed fucking leaves in the kids mouth while beating him!! Thats not normal for any punishment. I always liked AP, but fuck him... hes just another rich athlete who thinks he isnt held accountable for his ignorant actions. Maybe if he parented better, he wouldn't have to hit his kids.

Some of that with the leaves and such I haven't heard from any real sources. A lot of different stories going around. Kinda hard to make a real judgment without facts, facts that we will never know.

How about the fact that a professional athlete beat his 4 year old son enough to make him bleed. 4 years old. Not a teenager who might learn from a 'whooping' Four. Years. Old. 

How about the fact that a professional athlete beat his 4 year old son enough to make him bleed. 4 years old. Not a teenager who might learn from a 'whooping' Four. Years. Old.

Don't know what him being an athlete has to do with it. I agree it's intense. But a lot of people raise their kids this way. Is that right? I'd say not. But it exists.