NFL Discussion

Seattle lost the DC and have all WRs and Lynch as free agents with Wilson coming into his final year... that team could be pretty different next year. You have to wonder how that defense will perform with someone else calling the plays, and how the offense will perform with probably 2 - 4 new WR's with Lynch and Wilson eating up most of the cap money

Lynch isn't a free agent. Neither is Baldwin.

I just want to point out since we are talking about monster QB contracts that the 49ers structured Kaep's deal so if they cut him before March/April 2016 there's practically no dead money and very little cap hit left in the deal - he just gone.

Yeah I think his guaranteed money was something like 16M, which is insanely low for a 100M deal. That was why I said earlier that getting the 100M deal isn't saying a lot, gotta look into guaranteed money, bonuses, etc. 

Looking at it again you're right, it's about $14 mill FULLY guaranteed

Yeah I thought it was something in that ballpark, I remember when I first saw it thinking Okay, so basically he signed a 14M deal until they decide they've found the next guy haha. There is almost no way he is seeing most of that, he'd have to play lights out.

Dallas signed Henry Melton to a similar deal this past off season, it was something like 30M for 3 years, first year was around 5-6M and the rest is guaranteed if he is on the roster in April-ish? Basically, he is not going to be a Cowboy next year unless the deal is completely restructured.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/yearly-cap/

okay, so theyve ONLY got 4 of 5 WR as FA this year and the QB, two RBs and the other WR as FA after 2015.  Yikes

So what you're saying is as long as they get Lynch back, their offense is fine haha. Those receivers are entirely replaceable. Wilson will get paid, as all good QBs do but that's not a concern till next year.The problem is see is that they have a lot of quality LBs and defensive linemen's contracts going up next year. Gotta sign Wagner, Wilson, Lynch all to big contracts. That Harven dead money is a sore spot as well, luckily that is only for one year.

So what you're saying is as long as they get Lynch back, their offense is fine haha. Those receivers are entirely replaceable. Wilson will get paid, as all good QBs do but that's not a concern till next year.The problem is see is that they have a lot of quality LBs and defensive linemen's contracts going up next year. Gotta sign Wagner, Wilson, Lynch all to big contracts. That Harven dead money is a sore spot as well, luckily that is only for one year.

The Seahawks will ultimately be fine in terms of being able to field a very good starting 22. The issue I anticipate is defensive depth - because we all saw how mediocre the defense is without their key guys (I.E. Wagner, LOB hurt in SB). With ~23 mill in cap space before Wilson and apparently, stupidly, Lynch's new contracts you're looking at not much left to add FA depth. Going to have to use their extra draft picks to trade up and hope they hit on a few choices.

Add on losing Quinn and likely some other defensive staff and there are definitely question marks.

I don't see Lynch signing with the Seahawks and no back field threat means more spies for Wilson. I don't see them as the favorites to go back to SB either, not with a healthy San Francisco defense and certainly not if Arizona can figure out it's QB situation or get Palmer to a full injury free season. But then again who knows. Pittsburgh made noise for long time keeping the core defense over there together with an above average QB (which is how I view Wilson) so maybe Seattle does have what it takes but man, take into account if the St. Louis Rams could figure out their QB situation as well that's probably the deepest division as far as championship caliber defenses go. 

Also it's being reported Manning will decide whether he's staying or going. My gut tells me he's retiring. Yo, not one quad injured, but two. His mindset is still there, I don't think anyone questions that, but father time has finally caught up to him. I remember when Michael Jordan returned to the NBA to play with the Wizards, he wasn't too shabby at all from a skill set perspective and I see a ton of that with Peyton, mechanics all there, but that mmph factor is completely diminished toward the end of the season. Manning was a shell of himself. The same way Jordan's knees flared up all year in his last year with the Wizards, Manning will have it 10X harder keeping healthy by trying to avoid guys in their prime wanting to tear his head off. 

Who knows in the end though, I vividly remember Patriots fans calling in the talk show radio blessing Tom Brady and thanking him for his work after the Kansas City game and wanting Grapapololo to come in and start the next legacy of New England. Haha to that. 

Who knows in the end though, I vividly remember Patriots fans calling in the talk show radio blessing Tom Brady and thanking him for his work after the Kansas City game and wanting Grapapololo to come in and start the next legacy of New England. Haha to that. 

i listened to some boston sports radio yesterday, and they came back from a commercial break with a supercut of calls the day after KC. it was fucking *brilliant*

Add on losing Quinn and likely some other defensive staff and there are definitely question marks.

I think they will be ok in regards to DC. They were able to overcome Gus Bradley, should be able to overcome Quinn. 

But the obstacle of retaining the majority of their players will be the biggest hurdle. 

damn, ay, but he did it with the white jersey! wait for that one. (I'd grab the red one cause that's one of the sickest jersey color combos out there) haha

just started looking- the white isn't available, but you can have it customized at the same cost. except they're out of my size in white. womp.

also, from the brilliant running diary of simmons that's on grantland right now- nothing could possibly be truer about what happened than this quote:

“The last three plays [of Seattle’s last drive] were like the Aaron Boone home run in 2003 followed by the 0-3 comeback back in 2004, but without the 12 months in between.”

“The last three plays [of Seattle’s last drive] were like the Aaron Boone home run in 2003 followed by the 0-3 comeback back in 2004, but without the 12 months in between.”[/font]

The kearse catch and that Boone HR brought out that same soul crushing moment in me. I still hate Aaron Boone.

The fucking Boone homerun. I have the same level of recall that people do about the JFK assassination.

I'll always remember when it was, where I was, who was pitching, and more. Seattle fans will probably feel the same way about Superbowl 49.

I was watching with my mom who had dozed off on the couch. I'll never forget the pain and disbelief in my own voice.. "Mom. Mom wake up. It's over.."

But yesterday was the NINTH championship parade in Boston in the last 14 years. That anguish is long, long gone.