NFL Discussion

CHARGERS/RAIDERS SHARING  AN LA STADIUM??!

http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/02/19/joint-statement-raiders-and-chargers

This is just about the most horrible idea I've ever heard. It's almost like they want death in LA after each game from either team, in the bars, clubs whatever...

Of course I'm looking past the smoke screen and seeing it as a bluff to really cause some urgency for Oakland and SD to react. If this doesn't light a fire under the cities asses I don't know what will. God our officials are complete idiots when it comes to the decision of building a new stadium here. Too many egos here

Aw fuck guys, this is just really irritating me. I know the Chargers started off in LA but man, that was 1960. What the fuck do I do now? I'm disgusted with the Chargers owners right now. I'm disgusted with the politicians here. I'm just so fucking tired of year in and year out pouring my time and emotions into this team that is now supposedly going to leave. FML

Excessive celebration is against the rules, but it's not cheating. Just like what the patriots did wasn't cheating. Were they filming the other team? Yeah.. In a stadium of ~70,000 people. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they were filming, it was the technicality of the camera's location. But the entire *story* was that they infiltrated their opposition's deepest darkest secrets, and used that as the ultimate advantage.

Excessive celebration is against the rules, but it's not cheating. Just like what the patriots did wasn't cheating. Were they filming the other team? Yeah.. In a stadium of ~70,000 people. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they were filming, it was the technicality of the camera's location. But the entire *story* was that they infiltrated their opposition's deepest darkest secrets, and used that as the ultimate advantage.

Excessive celebration is a penalty, and it penalized in accordance with the rules (By the way, horrible comparison). Filming other team's defensive signals for nearly 10 years was apparently also against the rules and penalized as the league saw fit. Just because you don't think something is or isn't cheating doesn't make it that way. The Patriots were penalized for their actions, they were found guilty. It's really a moot point now.

I'm not sure I'd say "only" 2.3 million. That can get you an average starter at most positions, hopefully replacing a below-average player. Means something if Deangelo wasn't bringing anything to the table you couldn't get out of a 6th round pick making around the minimum.

I view this a little differently than Smitty last year. Despite having a decent year, he was and had been a locker room cancer for a while. It way too early to see what Gettleman will do with the savings but right now, I would've kept D.