NFL Discussion

I am shocked the pats won that game, they have a horrid history in Miami, and half the time TB was on the bench which is good too because he didn't have the best game. Moss with 0 catches, I expect him to start bitching soon. merriweather hurt doesn't help an already spotty defense, hopefully this bye week will help.

Boo-hoo, it's not like they have existed their entire franchise life without Super Bowl championship, have the threat of leaving constantly dangling over their head when their ancient owner finally dies, have been 7-9 for what, 3 years straight?, haven't made the playoffs since Tennessee pulled some ridiculous miracle play in 1999, and finally decided THIS season was a rebuilding year.

When I played football as a kid, I specifically remember a drill about battling for a fumble. I got reamed out because one time I knocked the other kid down and just bent over and picked the ball up. Our coach wanted us to go down and absolutely protect it by curling around it, the idea being that any risk of not getting the fumble is not worth losing the ball.

That said - today even my little sister yelled at Gates for trying to bend over to pick one up and missing it. Just now, the guard for the Eagles looped all the way across the field and hopped on a fumble (that would have been a crucial loss of possession) in the exact way my coach would have wanted.

It's just like wrapping your tackles.. sometimes these NFL'ers just get so fuckin' lazy I want to scream at them.

When I played football as a kid, I specifically remember a drill about battling for a fumble. I got reamed out because one time I knocked the other kid down and just bent over and picked the ball up. Our coach wanted us to go down and absolutely protect it by curling around it, the idea being that any risk of not getting the fumble is not worth losing the ball.

That said - today even my little sister yelled at Gates for trying to bend over to pick one up and missing it. Just now, the guard for the Eagles looped all the way across the field and hopped on a fumble (that would have been a crucial loss of possession) in the exact way my coach would have wanted.

It's just like wrapping your tackles.. sometimes these NFL'ers just get so fuckin' lazy I want to scream at them.

This.

I remember when I was little we did the same thing. My coaches were crazy about the basics and fundamentals of football.

This should be a no brainer and sadly it happens like 27 times a week.