NFL Discussion

picked up jackie battle off of the waiver wire this week, sitting deangelo williams in my flex position to play battle against the amazing new orleans defense.

The guy who dropped Battle last week picked him up again this week right before me on waivers. I'm in desperate need for some depth at RB, but nobody in my fucking league responds to trade offers.

As far as real football, I'm a bit uneasy about tonight's game. I love the Cardinals doing good, but I worry about them completely blowing it on primetime national TV. The Rams are last in the division (both in standings and talent, in my eyes), but I think the division itself is really strong. I'm obviously pulling for a Cardinals victory, but I could see this game going either way (and being close regardless of outcome).

The problem with cowboys fans is that they will always compare him to starbauch and aikman. They complain he will never be as good as them. But they all fail to realize is that both those quarterbacks had great defenses and great receivers to throw to.

Honestly even if he won a superbowl people will still complain cause he only won one. Either romo isn't a great qb but he is good one. Minus last night. Problem is in dallas you are either great or they want you out.

The upside to last weeks game: Romo passed Rex Grossman on the Bears career completion list.

Depth chart released has Battle as their number 1. Even with Matthews back, Norv can't ignore Battles performance this week and how bad Matthews has been.

The coaches seemed to hint that the move was more of a way of lighting a fire under Matthews' ass. Something to keep him motivated and realize that his job isn't guaranteed.

The guy who dropped Battle last week picked him up again this week right before me on waivers. I'm in desperate need for some depth at RB, but nobody in my fucking league responds to trade offers.

As far as real football, I'm a bit uneasy about tonight's game. I love the Cardinals doing good, but I worry about them completely blowing it on primetime national TV. The Rams are last in the division (both in standings and talent, in my eyes), but I think the division itself is really strong. I'm obviously pulling for a Cardinals victory, but I could see this game going either way (and being close regardless of outcome).

Thats exactly how I felt last week during the Ravens/Browns game. I expect it to be close, but I expect Cards to come out with the victory. Their defense is too good and Kolb's confidence seems at an all time high.

The coaches seemed to hint that the move was more of a way of lighting a fire under Matthews' ass. Something to keep him motivated and realize that his job isn't guaranteed.

Nonetheless, I still feel confident he will get his fair share of carries and flexing out DeAngelo Williams who splits carries with Jonathan Stewart isn't going to hurt me too much.

I feel good about having battle because if Matthews goes down again, I got a number 1 rb for no risk, high reward. think i dropped the third string chiefs rb.

my wallet hates it. i have nfl network, but i still end up at the bar every thursday night. granted its at the knights of columbus, where a strong whiskey ginger is 2.75. but rounds of those add up.. weekly.

I really hate this thursday NFL game shit every week. keep thursday games to thanksgiving only. thanks for ruining a great tradition, NFL.

I wish they had Wednesday through Monday football. Why does it bug you? You aren't forced to watch. It just gives everyone else a chance to pick up an extra game they otherwise wouldn't have seen.

my wallet hates it. i have nfl network, but i still end up at the bar every thursday night. granted its at the knights of columbus, where a strong whiskey ginger is 2.75. but rounds of those add up.. weekly.

If there was some way to get decent looking girls into a KoC it would be the perfect bar. Cheap everything, pool, darts, TVs, and the initiation process weeds out the bottom rung of society (although some assholes still get through).

If there was some way to get decent looking girls into a KoC it would be the perfect bar. Cheap everything, pool, darts, TVs, and the initiation process weeds out the bottom rung of society (although some assholes still get through).

pretty much. the only girls that are ever in there are with us. which means theyre with my friends, and unavailable.