NFL Discussion

Spiller vs. San Fran or

Bolden vs. Denver

this is for my flex and a pretty tight game at the moment.

tough call. but i would expect a lot of passing in foxboro today.

yeah, after poppin off with eli, tynes, and ravens d... the rest of my team combined for 15 fucking points.

scott chandler, jacob tamme, ronnie hillman, MJD, brandon lloyd... 15 fucking points.

im so. fucking. pissed. off.

In one of my leagues I'm undefeated (4-0), yesterday I thought I was going to get handed my first loss. Going into last nights game I was down 105-80 and had Brees and Colston left. Now I'm up 157-105 and even though he has Schaub going tonight I'm fairly confident I'm going to head to 5-0.

I really don't want to sound like a dick here, but really? You actually contemplated playing Spiller against the best run defense in the league.

you didnt sound like a dick, no team has run against SF, I dont know why anyone would think a banged up Spiller would do any different

It's a valid question. Spiller is a much better talent than Brandon Bolden. Shit, Spiller was the 3rd ranked RB in my league coming into this week. Where do you draw the line? You gonna sit Arian Foster or Ray Rice against SF too? I wouldn't.

When in doubt, play the more talented player and don't overthink things. I wouldn't have played Spiller if I had, say, Donald Brown or someone reliable like that. Brandon Bolden had 11, 0, and 4 yards in his first three games, then one giant game before this week. No guarantee he had more than 15 yards this week.

My advice would have been Spiller. I would have been wrong, but it would have been. So not a dumb question.

I just got this trade offer and it smells funny to me. Anyone have any insight on it?

Forte for Jones-Drew and O. Daniels (TE-HOU).

I'd be giving up Forte and I've got A. Morris and D. Martin as well. Then I've got M. Bennett as my TE. It's a keeper league.

Is the team competing or out of it? Maybe he is out of it and just trying to trade a high-mileage back for a middle-mileage back? If you are in the running this year, I'd do it. Not because of the Owen Daniels addition but because I would rather have MJD than Forte this year.