NFL Discussion

It's a valid question. Spiller is a much better talent than Brandon Bolden. Shit, Spiller was the 3rd ranked RB in my league coming into this week. Where do you draw the line? You gonna sit Arian Foster or Ray Rice against SF too? I wouldn't.

When in doubt, play the more talented player and don't overthink things. I wouldn't have played Spiller if I had, say, Donald Brown or someone reliable like that. Brandon Bolden had 11, 0, and 4 yards in his first three games, then one giant game before this week. No guarantee he had more than 15 yards this week.

My advice would have been Spiller. I would have been wrong, but it would have been. So not a dumb question.

thanks for answering my question. i was hoping the new england game would be a little closer so Brady would have to throw and limit the run game. plus they have like 6 backs so i wasn't sure who would get more of the work load.

i didn't lose my game by 3 points so the difference between the two players had no bearing on the loss. makes me feel a little bit better....haha.

Is the team competing or out of it? Maybe he is out of it and just trying to trade a high-mileage back for a middle-mileage back? If you are in the running this year, I'd do it. Not because of the Owen Daniels addition but because I would rather have MJD than Forte this year.

He's in first place in his division I'm in first place in my division.

Even with Forte healthy he still has Michael Bush. Jones-Drew is the better back for this year.

And even in a keeper league, I'd mostly try and just win now. Maybe a dude like Trent Richardson I would pay a premium for but RB in the NFL come and go so fast...play for this year. Doug Martin could be the best of the 3 next year.

It's a valid question. Spiller is a much better talent than Brandon Bolden. Shit, Spiller was the 3rd ranked RB in my league coming into this week. Where do you draw the line? You gonna sit Arian Foster or Ray Rice against SF too? I wouldn't.

When in doubt, play the more talented player and don't overthink things. I wouldn't have played Spiller if I had, say, Donald Brown or someone reliable like that. Brandon Bolden had 11, 0, and 4 yards in his first three games, then one giant game before this week. No guarantee he had more than 15 yards this week.

My advice would have been Spiller. I would have been wrong, but it would have been. So not a dumb question.

never start a RB against SF, almost certain that any RB on your bench has a better matchup than anyone against SF this year. I benched Spiller, no one runs well against SF, and no defense is as good against the run this year as SF, so even a mediocre back against any other team can/would/did produce more points than Spillers 3.

never start a RB against SF, almost certain that any RB on your bench has a better matchup than anyone against SF this year. I benched Spiller, no one runs well against SF, and no defense is as good against the run this year as SF, so even a mediocre back against any other team can/would/did produce more points than Spillers 3.

I have Bradshaw vs. SF this weekend..Willis Magahee against the chargers steven jackson vs miami and alfred morris vs minnesota.

i feel with RGIII concused morris will get more touches but MIN will play the run..I am debating trading Steven Jackson to see if someone will bite

Mattyice is in an entirely different situation. Jackson, Morris, Mcgahee all reliable backs that can be counted on for touches. I wouldn't have suggested Spiller over these guys.

But Brandon Bolden is a rookie in an offense with 2 other useful backs and zero track record. And CJ Spiller was the number 3 back in the league at the time. It wasn't a question of a mediocre back or SF. It was a question of a dicey back or go against SF. I would have gone with talent vs. a tough D.

And no way am I sitting Arian Foster or Ray Rice against SF, even if they go out and add Ngata and Clay Mathews to that team. You don't mess with your studs. It bends you more often than it saves you.

current team(starters): brees/mcfadden/trent richardson/demaryius thomas/djax/boldin/tony gonz

bench: greg jennings, titus, ogletree, martellus, andrew hawkins

PPR league.

i am in first overall (12 teams)...2nd or 3rd most points.

====

he proposed the following...thoughts? I am the sender, obviously...

Send Darren McFadden, Oak RB from RB to beer

Send Greg Jennings, GB WR from Bench to beer

Send Martellus Bennett, NYG TE from Bench to beer

Receive Ryan Mathews, SD RB from beer to Bench

Receive Malcom Floyd, SD WR from beer to Bench

Receive Nate Washington, Ten WR from beer to Bench

I would do that. I am a Mcfadden owner and I worry about that team's situation. Behind a ton, can't block. That Jackie Battle starting thing to motivate Mathews was a joke. He is in a much better situation. Both are injury prone, so that kinda washes out.

I take Floyd over Jennings. Floyd is underrated and Jennings is clinging to value as a starter as the younger guys take it from him.

Bennett and Washington, who really cares that much.

And also, Ryan Williams out for season. Not sure who the pickup is (Stephens-Howling?) but not worried cause my team has waivers until Wednesday anyways. For anyone in a league without waivers, grab now.

I think the bigger waiver wire pick up is green bay's green. with benson out 8 weeks mininum, green is going to get a full work load. LS-H I think is going to share a lot with Powell and Beanie Wells is on the new IR so can return as soon as 2 weeks.

I am attempting to pick up one of those 3 and my priority goes Green, LS-H, Powell.

I think the bigger waiver wire pick up is green bay's green. with benson out 8 weeks mininum, green is going to get a full work load. LS-H I think is going to share a lot with Powell and Beanie Wells is on the new IR so can return as soon as 2 weeks.

I am attempting to pick up one of those 3 and my priority goes Green, LS-H, Powell.

Agreed. I posted before the "Benson out 8 weeks" news was public. I have #1 waiver so Green is mine. You sure about Beanie, though? I remember reading he was out something like 8 weeks minimum when the injury happened.

I would do that. I am a Mcfadden owner and I worry about that team's situation. Behind a ton, can't block. That Jackie Battle starting thing to motivate Mathews was a joke. He is in a much better situation. Both are injury prone, so that kinda washes out.

I take Floyd over Jennings. Floyd is underrated and Jennings is clinging to value as a starter as the younger guys take it from him.

Bennett and Washington, who really cares that much.

Jennings has been hurt all year, and is still hurt, which is why he's got no value right now. not because of the younger guys, those guys are only capitalizing on Jennings absence. If he was 100% healthy he'd be torching the field/competition. Floyd over Jennings, totally agree with that right now if you have both on your roster, but I dont know why anyone would TAKE Jennings and give up Floyd right now.

As much as i wanna throw bradshaw in against SF, I am gonna roll with Morris against the vikings just because he'll get the touches, and McGahee vs. SD because, its a better match up.

Shockingly no one wants to trade anything to me for steven jackson..

haha i tried to get chris johnson for like 3 weeks and i offered morris. the team kept rejecting it and on the 3rd offer chris johnson had a huge game so i offered again because morris had a pretty decent game the same week. they rejected and he followed up with a 2 point performance. now they wanna trade....haha.

Jennings has been hurt all year, and is still hurt, which is why he's got no value right now. not because of the younger guys, those guys are only capitalizing on Jennings absence. If he was 100% healthy he'd be torching the field/competition. Floyd over Jennings, totally agree with that right now if you have both on your roster, but I dont know why anyone would TAKE Jennings and give up Floyd right now.

I disagree but it's not like anyone can predict the future. Can only go on feel and what my eyes see. I see Green Bay as a team of four #2 to #3 fantasy WRs going forward, not 2 #1s and 2 #4s. Jennings isn't exactly young. Might be losing a step/starting to break down. I wouldn't take him at anything but a basement price right now.