NFL Discussion

You guys need to root for the Jets to win a few. #2 pick this year will be as important as the #1 with the Raiders being committed to Carr.

Plus, what team wouldn't want to jump the Jets and steal the best QB of the draft from under their nose?

Regardless of what Oakland says, I wouldn't rule out them taking QB if a no-doubt franchise QB emerges out of the combine and workouts. It's not like they spent a top-5 pick on Carr. They spent a 2nd rounder and you can justify using a 2nd round pick on a backup QB.

Regardless of what Oakland says, I wouldn't rule out them taking QB if a no-doubt franchise QB emerges out of the combine and workouts. It's not like they spent a top-5 pick on Carr. They spent a 2nd rounder and you can justify using a 2nd round pick on a backup QB.

Yeah but imo Carr is by far the most impressive QB out of this past class. He is honestly the most promising QB I've seen since 2012 outside of Luck and Wilson. I would be willing to bet they want to see how he will progress. The problem is the question of where to start in Oakland? They seemingly need just about everything.

I'm just saying, if Andrew Luck was coming out of Stanford this year they wouldn't be saying "we're good with Carr."

It would only happen with a huge combine performance out of Mariota or Winston. It's also unlikely. I was just pointing out that Caper's post had the door shut. I think it's cracked open a little.

You guys need to root for the Jets to win a few. #2 pick this year will be as important as the #1 with the Raiders being committed to Carr.

Plus, what team wouldn't want to jump the Jets and steal the best QB of the draft from under their nose?

what QB would that be? 

Blake Sims, Bryce Petty, Dak Prescott, Rahkeem Cato, there are some good QB's this year from lesser schools too, Garrett Grayson from CSU, Brandon Doughty from WKU, but almost all of them will be available after the 1st rd.

Really? Blake Sims? 1 year of mediocre play in a good program. AJ played four years of solid QBing there and got the shaft by the NFL.

Blake Sims, Bryce Petty, Dak Prescott, Rahkeem Cato, there are some good QB's this year from lesser schools too, Garrett Grayson from CSU, Brandon Doughty from WKU, but almost all of them will be available after the 1st rd.

Really? Blake Sims? 1 year of mediocre play in a good program. AJ played four years of solid QBing there and got the shaft by the NFL.

Yeah I never thought I'd see that name first lol. Might as well throw Braxton Miller out there as well haha. Jk. But Petty, the kid from Oregon State, and a couple more look the part to me, but as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said still not quite top of the first type of guys imo. They would need to destroy the combine and Senior Bowl and have the teams buy into whatever hype they're creating. Oh and AJ got the shaft because you don't go from game managing in college to starting QB in the pros right away. Though I could still see him playing in a year or two considering Dalton leaves something to be desired.

Sims gets drafted because he plays for a pro college program. His name was only first because it was the first that came to mind who will get drafted. Braxton miller cant opt for the draft.

I was just being sarcastic about Braxton Miller, he will be back at OSU next year. And that situation is pretty interesting itself with the QB battle that will likely ensue. But just because someone plays for a major university does not guarantee anything as far as draft position. Or even being drafted at all. Sims would need to preform well in front of the scouts imo to get drafted in a decent position, I do not believe his play in college thus far warrants anything in the first few rounds.

Sean Mannion will be the currently under-rated QB that gets drafted high this year. He has all the skills to be a great pocket-passer. I think the Cardinals draft him in the second round to study behind Carson Palmer for the next few years.

Palmer about to turn 35 this month and just tore his ACL. It's entirely possible he never plays a snap again. Definitely a team in need a QB future.

I was just being sarcastic about Braxton Miller, he will be back at OSU next year. And that situation is pretty interesting itself with the QB battle that will likely ensue. But just because someone plays for a major university does not guarantee anything as far as draft position. Or even being drafted at all. Sims would need to preform well in front of the scouts imo to get drafted in a decent position, I do not believe his play in college thus far warrants anything in the first few rounds.

You also have things like the NCAA all-time career passing yardage leader going undrafted.

Even though I thought we'd be okay at wide receiver, it really bothers me that the Vikings didn't take a single wide out in what could be the greatest single draft for receivers in NFL history.

Yeah, it seems out of the first five rounds there were a number of solid guys retrospectively. Too bad Dallas took one of the few that hasn't seemed to pan out, or at least not yet. I would have been much happier just one round earlier with Bryant. Dallas's offense is really only missing that burner type of threat.