NFL Discussion

If you lived in PA and saw all the delusional Eagles fans going bat shit over last weeks win you would get where I'm coming from.

If it were a younger QB with some potential like maybe if Barkley had done it that might make sense, but when the guy you're cheering for as being the savior's biggest NFL accomplishment is the butt fumble... you may have a problem.

If it were a younger QB with some potential like maybe if Barkley had done it that might make sense, but when the guy you're cheering for as being the savior's biggest NFL accomplishment is the butt fumble... you may have a problem.

Exactly what I have been telling all my friends who are Eagles fans haha. In all honesty I don't think you put this all on Sanchez, their defense looked frightened to make tackles.

If you lived in PA and saw all the delusional Eagles fans going bat shit over last weeks win you would get where I'm coming from.

hahah shit you actually gave me flashbacks of some dude I knew back in highschool. His family is an Eagles family here for some strange reason, he adopted the Eagles cause his dads an Eagles fan and yeah I kinda get ya. This dude had Eagle mania I guess with good purpose, since Terrell Owens was in his prime and all

Exactly what I have been telling all my friends who are Eagles fans haha. In all honesty I don't think you put this all on Sanchez, their defense looked frightened to make tackles.

Yeah, honestly I think they have overplayed their talent thus far this season. I am very surprised at a 7-3 record right now for them. Looking at the rest of their schedule though I have a tough time seeing them lose too many more realistically. I think their only tough games left are both Dallas and maybe Seattle. I see them at 11-5 at the worst to be honest, which sucks because I am a Cowboys fan haha.

Yeah, honestly I think they have overplayed their talent thus far this season. I am very surprised at a 7-3 record right now for them. Looking at the rest of their schedule though I have a tough time seeing them lose too many more realistically. I think their only tough games left are both Dallas and maybe Seattle. I see them at 11-5 at the worst to be honest, which sucks because I am a Cowboys fan haha.

Foles is a much better QB that teams have to account for, losing him and replacing with sanchez was such a downgrade

You dudes are overreacting the other way now. He had 2 picks but also 350 yards, 2 TDs, and a completion percentage over 50%.

Not saying it's a good game given how it unfolded, but if that's one of your couple bad games, you are in good pretty good shape.

Eagles problems started with the defense yesterday.

You dudes are overreacting the other way now. He had 2 picks but also 350 yards, 2 TDs, and a completion percentage over 50%.

Not saying it's a good game given how it unfolded, but if that's one of your couple bad games, you are in good pretty good shape.

Eagles problems started with the defense yesterday.

I wasn't directly commenting on his performance the last two weeks, I was just saying that it is probably not the best idea to think that the butt fumbler is a long term move. A lot of Eagles fans are proclaiming him the starter for the future right now. If they keep the same QBs as this year then Sanchez might be the starter next year considering how poorly Foles has played, but Sanchez is not a franchise QB.

I wasn't directly commenting on his performance the last two weeks, I was just saying that it is probably not the best idea to think that the butt fumbler is a long term move. A lot of Eagles fans are proclaiming him the starter for the future right now. If they keep the same QBs as this year then Sanchez might be the starter next year considering how poorly Foles has played, but Sanchez is not a franchise QB.

He played 4 years on a team with shitty complementary players (maybe the worst in the NFL). I wouldn't say anything is certain with him, especially depending on your definition of "franchise QB" (top 5? top 10? top 15?).

He played 4 years on a team with shitty complementary players (maybe the worst in the NFL). I wouldn't say anything is certain with him, especially depending on your definition of "franchise QB" (top 5? top 10? top 15?).

Just after Sanchez got to the Jets they actually had some potentially solid weapons in Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards. Retrospectively you can say that these players were/are bad but at the time Santonio Holmes was regarded as one of the best receivers in the league and Braylon was a young guy with seemingly great potential. On top of that they added one of the greatest RBs of all time who had a pretty good season there in LT, and his offensive line had a number of probowlers. I'd hardly say that was one of the worst situations to be in back in 2010. Also, when he joined the Jets he had arguably the best defense in the league (hence the AFC championship runs). I will agree with you that it seemed that many of their additions did not pan out, however, Sanchez did nothing to aid these other players. It is true he was young, and he is better than someone like Geno Smith, however, he is not a franchise QB. By this I mean that he is not someone that you plan to have as your starting QB for his career, or any lengthy period of time. There are over 15 QB's in the league that are clearly better than him, and I'd venture to say I would take somewhere around 20 before him.

I'd like to see a decent sample size with a good offense around him before I rule him out of the top 20, and we'll get it

That we will haha. Though, as I said before it looks like the end of their schedule is not one of the strongest left in the league. I don't see them losing more than 2-3 more even if Barkley was in.