NFL Discussion

I don't know how to find it online but they were talking about it on the radio -- I guess your odds of losing a game where you lead by 4 in the 4th quarter are worse than your odds if leading by 3. Actually better off missing the kick on purpose.

Might not be the story of the day, but throwing that out there.

Yeah, luck looked solid the parts i saw

you thought so?

i didn't think either of those teams played playoff-caliber football today.

broncos were sloppy, and the colts looked to do very little to take advantage.

though i do respect luck enough to know that he is very capable of coming up huge next week.. what it will really come down to is his obsession with throwing interceptions.

Well I guess my picture a few pages back is now relevant, THAT WAS 100% a catch, but i guess thats dallas karma from last week.

Still dont see anyone getting past Seattle.

As for Indy, I'd love to see them beat the Pats, but their run game is virtually nothing, the offense just isnt enough of a threat...

Well I guess my picture a few pages back is now relevant, THAT WAS 100% a catch, but i guess thats dallas karma from last week.

Still dont see anyone getting past Seattle.

As for Indy, I'd love to see them beat the Pats, but their run game is virtually nothing, the offense just isnt enough of a threat...

New England did only have 14 rushing yards themselves yesterday so the run games aren't stellar for either...

that said the Colts made Jonas Gray look like a Pro Bowler when they played in the regular season so I have no idea what to think for this upcoming weekend.  Hopefully the Colts make it at least a closer game this time,

He did not look sharp today.

Been many weeks since he has looked sharp. I honestly thought it was a fluke (they're whole running the ball 65% of the time) I thought for sure they'll unleash the beast and Welker J. Thomas would tear up the middle of the field. Looks like that concussion in the beginning of the year really set the tone for the Broncos no longer using Welker as a weapon and man, D. Thomas dropping balls? Mannings play is starting to reflect his age. They spent a lot of money in the off season I feel like they're about to blow the team apart. Why did the coaching get so conservative? It's the playoffs! Running game looked sharp at times for the Broncos I guess this is where you just gotta tip your hats off to that stingy secondary for the Colts!

Been many weeks since he has looked sharp. I honestly thought it was a fluke (they're whole running the ball 65% of the time) I thought for sure they'll unleash the beast and Welker J. Thomas would tear up the middle of the field. Looks like that concussion in the beginning of the year really set the tone for the Broncos no longer using Welker as a weapon and man, D. Thomas dropping balls? Mannings play is starting to reflect his age. They spent a lot of money in the off season I feel like they're about to blow the team apart. Why did the coaching get so conservative? It's the playoffs! Running game looked sharp at times for the Broncos I guess this is where you just gotta tip your hats off to that stingy secondary for the Colts!

The media is running with the whole "blow the team up" theory, but that's just bullshit clickbait. Elway isn't gong to tear down and rebuild based on one game. And even if Manning calls it a day, there's still a really good team left (not to mention the $20 million it frees up to extend guys and get free agents).

There are definitely going to be some coaching changes coming up though, and that's a good thing. All three of them seem incapable of adjusting a game plan during the game (or at least unwilling to do so). Hopefully Del Rio and Gase get their HC jobs so that we can cut those ties quickly and cleanly. As for Fox, I find myself asking what he's ever really done in the first place on the team.

The media is running with the whole "blow the team up" theory, but that's just bullshit clickbait. Elway isn't gong to tear down and rebuild based on one game. And even if Manning calls it a day, there's still a really good team left (not to mention the $20 million it frees up to extend guys and get free agents).

There are definitely going to be some coaching changes coming up though, and that's a good thing. All three of them seem incapable of adjusting a game plan during the game (or at least unwilling to do so). Hopefully Del Rio and Gase get their HC jobs so that we can cut those ties quickly and cleanly. As for Fox, I find myself asking what he's ever really done in the first place on the team.

Which is why I laughed why the Broncos signed Fox after Carolina fired him. His conservative mindset cost us many games. Very nice guy but I don't like him as a coach.

coaches released/fired:

Jets

Bears

Falcons

San Francisco

Bills

Denver

I think about 5 or so coaches are canned every year on average. Nothing surprising. There's just some teams on there that have been pretty good in recent years. Usually its the jags, bucs, redskins, browns, Lions, etc..

Fox departing from Denver reminds me a little about the Marty/AJ deal we had back in 2006. Promising teams that went nowhere in the playoffs. Definitely will be interesting next season in AFC West. Maybe my Chargers can finally make a run after so many ho-hum years, or perhaps the Chiefs figure themselves out. Or the Raiders shock us all and own everyone.

Definitely will be interesting next season in AFC West. Maybe my Chargers can finally make a run after so many ho-hum years, or perhaps the Chiefs figure themselves out. And the Raiders continue to be awful.

If they can string together some quality drafts over the next 3-4 years I think their offense could become something. They have a pretty good arm in Carr.