NFL Discussion

With Murray being in Philly right now negotiating a contract, I actually kind of hope they sign him. The 6-7M that Dallas would have paid him would go a long way with signing someone like maybe Ryan Williams for 4M a year or draft a 2nd round RB and run a committee behind the best line in the league and use the rest of the money on that defense that sorely needs addressed.

With Murray being in Philly right now negotiating a contract, I actually kind of hope they sign him. The 6-7M that they would have paid him would go a long way with signing someone like maybe Ryan Williams for 4M a year or draft a 2nd round RB and run a committee behind the best line in the league and use the rest of the money on that defense that sorely needs addressed.

You guys can have Ryan Matthews now

Good riddance DeMarco. 8.4 mil for 5 years? No thanks

I can't blame him, this is probably his last contract in the league. Demarco has never been healthy for an entire season. I seriously doubt he says healthy for 5 years there. Now it will be interesting to see if the Cowboys go after a cheaper free agent, or if they look to the draft. To be honest, I'd rather have Cromartie for that money anyway, although I doubt they get that deal done.

Funny to read the NFL boards. The Dallas fans were praising DeMarco and his hard running style, now say he is "damaged goods" and only ran well because of a "superior offensive line." Oh how the winds of change can blow so quickly....

Eh people get a little too emotional haha. I think that Demarco is a great RB when he is healthy. I have never said that he is the best in the league, however, I think he is one of the the top 10. His problems have always been his health, and now his fumbling. Outside of that he is a great back. Not the fastest, not the strongest, kind of like an Emmit Smith style runner. However, 8-9M is way too much for him. In today's game there are very few RBs that I'd pay that kind of money, and Murray isn't one of them. There is way too much value at half the price in the league, and even cheaper in the draft.

Eh people get a little too emotional haha. I think that Demarco is a great RB when he is healthy. I have never said that he is the best in the league, however, I think he is one of the the top 10. His problems have always been his health, and now his fumbling. Outside of that he is a great back. Not the fastest, not the strongest, kind of like an Emmit Smith style runner. However, 8-9M is way too much for him. In today's game there are very few RBs that I'd pay that kind of money, and Murray isn't one of them. There is way too much value at half the price in the league, and even cheaper in the draft.

I agree that's waaaay too much money. But, perhaps he can fit in with Chip Kelly's system. Still can't figure out what's going on over there....oh well.

so wait, Murray honestly thinks Philly is closer to the superbowl than Dallas? LOL OKAY THEN.[/]

I don't think either team can claim they are closer to the Super Bowl than the other. And if anyone thinks that Randle and whoever the other guy is in Dallas can fill DeMarco's shoes , well, pass me some of whatever you're smoking.

so wait, Murray honestly thinks Philly is closer to the superbowl than Dallas?  LOL OKAY THEN.

It'll be tough with the receiving core they currently have. J. Matthews, Huff and Cooper really doesn't scare anyone. I think teams will stuff the box more as a result, and that will present problems with the Eagles running game.

so wait, Murray honestly thinks Philly is closer to the superbowl than Dallas? LOL OKAY THEN.[/]

I don't think either team can claim they are closer to the Super Bowl than the other. And if anyone thinks that Randle and whoever the other guy is in Dallas can fill DeMarco's shoes , well, pass me some of whatever you're smoking.

Murray stated winning was more important than money, which is why he went to Philly... HE believes that Philly has a better chance to win than Dallas.

so wait, Murray honestly thinks Philly is closer to the superbowl than Dallas?  LOL OKAY THEN.

Murray stated winning was more important than money, which is why he went to Philly... HE believes that Philly has a better chance to win than Dallas.

I don't think that is what he was referring to with that statement. I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Raiders. The Raiders were offering him quite a bit more money then the Eagles, but he choose the Eagles because they are a better team. He didn't want to resign with the Cowboys because they haven't budged on their 6M, around 10M guaranteed offer and he thought that was a bit disrespectful. In all honesty though, I can see the Eagles dealing Murray away com draft day.

I can honestly say that the Cowboys, based on their offense alone, are closer than the Eagles right now. The Cowboy's offense has lost one piece from a year ago, and imo it is the easiest piece to "plug and play". They just signed McFadden, and I think they will draft someone in the 2-3 round, maybe the kid out of Boise and be fine. They will be in just as good a position as last year offensively, a top 3 offensive, just gotta worry about the defense. For Philly however, they have all kinds of question marks on the offensive line, a bunch of number 2's at best at WR, and a QB that has never been healthy, say hello to Sanchez unless they can wheel and deal their way to Mariota (I still think they will).

Has any team ever signed a top free agent and then dealt him on draft day in the same offseason? Seems pretty unlikely to me. There's probably 20k fans that have bought Murray jerseys already.

The dudes got a career 4.8 ypc and I don't think Dallas has had this good of an offensive line throughout all those years. He's a stud. The main difference this year was just him staying healthy enough to take all those carries.

Has any team ever signed a top free agent and then dealt him on draft day in the same offseason? Seems pretty unlikely to me. There's probably 20k fans that have bought Murray jerseys already.

The dudes got a career 4.8 ypc and I don't think Dallas has had this good of an offensive line throughout all those years. He's a stud. The main difference this year was just him staying healthy enough to take all those carries.

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean that it can't. Kelly has proven that he marches to the beat of his own drum. If anyone would do something like that it would probably be him haha. And I'm 100% positive that he is not concerned with preserving the value of any player's jersey to fans.

I'm not saying that Demarco isn't a great player, he is one of the best RBs in the league. However, as you stated, his health is a huge concern. Maybe he stays in Philly and doesn't carry so much of the load and stays healthy, but being that he has been injured every year I think the odds are against that.