NFL Discussion

are you saying they shouldn't have flagged that hit on Brown? cus that was dirty as fuck

Exactly, A nocall earlier in the game can't stop that one, Burfict could have done serious damage to Brown on that hit. Such a good player but makes such bad decisions. He does shit like this way too often, just glad Brown was okay on that one.

Fuck Shazier

Can't even really get to mad about this...I haven't watched much of the Steelers this year, so I don't know if he was like that all season, but the whole celebrating after making a pretty low hit on a dude was really classless. Not a good look for Pittsburgh at all.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/10/steelers-bengals-adam-pacman-jones-penalty-bashes-refs-instagram

I don't understand why you would leave the locker room early to avoid speaking to the media, then immediately post a small rant video to instagram. Goes from looking bad, to worse and he's a free agent no less. Horrible decisions.

I've lived in Cincinnati my entire life, I've always been more of a Reds fan than a Bengals fan, but tonight was heartbreaking. Myself and the same group of guys get together to watch the games. When they had the lead and a minute and a half to finish out the game, after coming back from nothing, it was almost too perfect. I'm not going to get into blown calls, but I think the no call on the hit on Eifert set bar for the rest of the game. The on field antics by Pittsburgh while Gio was knocked out on the field was disgusting. I was thrilled to see Ben get knocked out of the game (for a while). The Steelers have a history of taking out Bengals players dating back to the playoff game with Carson Palmer, and more recently Dalton this season. It seems like every time we play Pittsburgh we have a player or two go down for a while. Even watching the recap now, that Pittsburgh coach grabbing a handful of Reggie Nelson's hair. Pittsburgh is the worst. And what was this coach doing on the field? http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/10/10743904/steelers-bengals-joey-porter-foul

Can't even really get to mad about this...I haven't watched much of the Steelers this year, so I don't know if he was like that all season, but the whole celebrating after making a pretty low hit on a dude was really classless. Not a good look for Pittsburgh at all.

I've watched like 10 of their games. He's not a dirty player at all. That happened so fast if you watch it in full speed you can see most of Shaziers body is toward the left of Bernard. Bernard is known to be the smaller shiftier type of back so upon catching and turning up there's a couple options for Bernard. Defenders have to watch the players hips to determine where RB will go, dude that play was way too fast to call it malicious helmet to helmet and I call it a clean play. Watch some Rodney Harrison defenseless hits and I'll think most would agree those are straight dirty. Shazier was doing a straight tackle, it wasn't like he cocked back. If they were celebrating because of the hit yea totally classless but that's a defense culture thing they honestly dont care too much for offensive players thats just the way most are brought up, but I wouldn't doubt that in a rivalry game the celebration came from what was perceived to be a truck hit fumble recovery. Of course it goes either way.

best angle of the video here http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/09/giovani-bernard-hard-hit-steelers-bengals-videoit's a bang bang play. Look how low Shazier is already going running laterally as the play develops. Mind you Shazier is 6ft2 and bernard a running back at 5ft9 and catching the ball and turning up field pretty high already. Just my opinion but with new concussion protocols I'm betting if that wasn't in place, Bernard would be ready to back out there after sniffing some salt. There's a huge difference between targeting the head such as Burfict against Brown in the end of teh game vs a catch and ball runner getting hit. Idk, I wanted Bengals to win I root for AJ Green but damn they lost their heads at the end and deserved to lose. Props to Shazier for the 4th qtr strip

Honestly for me this was the Bengals game to lose, that defense did enough to win I dont think offense did enough with AJ Green. he shouldve had 2 tds minimum in a playoff game 

Bad. At the end of the day this is football. Hella barbaric. We're watching athletes literally getting their brains bruised in the name of entertainment and we expect 100% full class and discipline? Hahah lets get real folks

i wasn't watching the whole time, but did i see a steeler coach/former player(porter i believe) bump cincy players during that last drive that led to the penalty to put them in field goal range?

That interaction wasn't what got the second flag thrown. From another video you can see Pacman grabbing an official from behind and then that official throws the flag.

After letting the game sit in over night I blame the refs. Especially the head ref John Parry. He was also the same head ref the last time these 2 teams played. He missed Joey Porter on the field, missed Burfict throwing punches, and really had no control of the game. Let's all hope his sorry ass " all star" crew, as Simms called it, doesn't get another game this post season.

Hoping today's games are as exciting as the bengals steelers game minus the dirty stuff.

Didn't watch a game yesterday. Checked out mentally after a long, frustrating season.

I feel you, I've done the same 2 years in a row. #1 Chargers still have zero fullbacks so I was shocked we took Melvin Gordon. #2 Our line fell apart early in the season. #3 it's been 5 years in a row of offensive line frustrations. 

After watching tons of other teams play I feel we're so far behind being in the top tier class of the NFL there's no point in thwarting my emotions into any real Chargers game. Not a fairweather fan, just been doing it for way too long.

I feel you, I've done the same 2 years in a row. #1 Chargers still have zero fullbacks so I was shocked we took Melvin Gordon. #2 Our line fell apart early in the season. #3 it's been 5 years in a row of offensive line frustrations.

After watching tons of other teams play I feel we're so far behind being in the top tier class of the NFL there's no point in thwarting my emotions into any real Chargers game. Not a fairweather fan, just been doing it for way too long.

My life as a Knicks fan