NFL Discussion

Who the fuck is Matt Moore?

A failed Panthers QB who comes from a long line of failed Panthers QBs.

The Dolphins made a huge mistake not grabbing Orton. Henne has shown few signs to me that he's ready to make the huge leap necessary for him to be a successful NFL QB.

After the Dolphins the biggest loser here is Tim Tebow. I'm a huge Gator/Tebow fan and I think he needs a starting job with room to make mistakes in order to mature to that next level. And yes, he'll be a solid NFL starter but not a Brady/Manning.

Who the fuck is Matt Moore?

A failed Panthers QB who comes from a long line of failed Panthers QBs.

The Dolphins made a huge mistake not grabbing Orton. Henne has shown few signs to me that he's ready to make the huge leap necessary for him to be a successful NFL QB.

After the Dolphins the biggest loser here is Tim Tebow. I'm a huge Gator/Tebow fan and I think he needs a starting job with room to make mistakes in order to mature to that next level. And yes, he'll be a solid NFL starter but not a Brady/Manning.

The fucking Dolphins piss me off every year by not even really making an attempt at getting a decent QB. Its been one horrible QB after the next since Marino left. From the looks of it Moore shouldnt be more than a 2nd string QB at most. All they had to do was give up a 2nd round pick for Orton. To me, thats worth it considering how criticial it is to have a decent QB. Like I said before, Im not a big Orton fan but he's WAY better than anyone else they got, including Moore. Fuck!

Im still not sold on Tebow at the pro level yet. I guess we'll see.

There are only three elite QBs in the whole NFL. After that you have a 2nd tier with less than a dozen guys. After that there are the serviceable QBs where a Hasslebeck or Orton comes in. After that third tier it a total shit show and you can't even be competitive. The Dolphins now have no QB and Ronnie Brown/Reggie Bush in a race to see who gets to the DL first.

If I were a Dolphins fan I'd be screaming right now. My Giants have their own issues. They need another WR, Umenura looks ready to jump ship and Bradshaw might be too expensive to resign.

Speaking of Ahmad Bradshaw: Why didn't the Dolphins go after him?

Cause the Dolphins never go after the positions that they need haha. They signed Dansby last year who is now the highest paid LB in the league now. They signed Brandon Marshall to a massive new contract when they traded for him and I think he's now the highest paid WR in the league. Go spend that money on a QB!

They could have had a couple awesome QBs since Marino and literally every single one since then has been horrible. Could have drafted Brees but passed up on him in the draft and missed out when he was a FA. Could have drafted Matt Ryan but took Jake Long. Jake Long is great but Id say the QB spot is a little more important to figure out first. Could have gotten Orton who could at least fill the position for a while and give them a chance to win a few games until they find their next real QB. I heard all they would have had to given up was a 2nd round pick and they would only give up a 4th round pick. So they go with Matt Moore? Yea good call.

at least the Dolphins didn't spend $19 million on a punter. and not even an elite punter.

Are you referring to Weatherford? I can't find the details of signing anywhere. What I do know is that the Giants lost at least one game due to bad punting and I'm more than happy to see a change.

no. the Bucs gave a 6 year $19.5 million contract to Michael Koenen. he's getting paid more than quite a few skill position players. don't know how much the Giants gave Weatherford, but logically he should be getting more than Koenen since he's better. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdow....urn=nfl-wp4161

Taylor is a warrior - even if he isn't the best player on the field anymore he will make those around him better.

The Giants keeping Bradshaw is huge, Jacobs restructuring his contract showed he's a team player. Losing Osi is stupid. They should up his contract for the next two seasons and eat a few million to keep a proven winner with the team in the short term. His hip is a concern but he's out played his contract and deserves to have his contract revisited.

Philly is turning into a beast, I hate the Eagles.

Id still take him, I love that guy.

I have too many friends that are Cowboys fans and I hate the Cowboys so im kinda glad to see Philly loading up like this haha. I wanna see them demolish the Cowboys. I know my team has no shot at winning anything this year or the next few haha, so I dont mind if another team loads up. Im just not sure how Philly isnt going over the cap with all these players.

This has been such a crazy couple if weeks in Philly. How they're pulling it off I don't know. Should be a crazy year though. I'll take Ronnie brown as a backup all day.

I like Ronnie Brown as well but for a team like the Dolphins that is unlikely to compete this year it isn't money well spent in the long term.

I would however like to know why they opted for Reggie Bush over Ronnie Brown?