water on laptop. i'm fucked.

Guest vito

so i just spilled some water on my laptop and it was working fine for about 5 mins but then when i tried to shut it down it said there was an error and kind of shut down. now i can't turn it back on but some green lights are still on. is there any way to fix this that you guys have come across? or am i screwed? would i at least be able to salvage my hard drive?

i spilled a cup of coffee on my powerbook when i got it three years ago, i was so pissed because i only had it for a month and it happened on my birthday. The screen went black, I brought it to the apple store and they told me it would cost around thousand to fix. I brought it home and let it air out for three days and I turned it on and it worked fine. Just let it sit out for a while, opened up, possibly tilt it so any water will drain and not settle and if you get luck it will work. Just wait a few days before turning it on.

Get a Toughbook...I have to work out of the back of Humvees often, and those bad boys can take a beating!

well theres the consumer toughbooks which are just ruggedized, and then theres the top of the line waterproof, dustproof, could drive an ambrahms over it toughbooks... theres a big price difference

Im sure the hard drive will be useable again, dude! Though it's slightly different. my girlfriend dropped her brand new phone in the sink the other day, it was fully submerged for a few seconds but after the battery was out and it sat in the cupboard with the hot water tank in to dry out over the next day it was fine, worked perfectly! Fingers crossed for you...