NIN: The Downward Spiral to be re-issued on vinyl?

from www.theninhotline.com:

www.prp.com is reporting that on the 9th of September, The Downward Spiral will apparently be re-issued as a 2xLP vinyl set through Nothing/Interscope Records.

At this point in time, nothing has been officially confirmed. We'll post anymore info as it comes to hand.

-------------------------------------------

Before anyone starts calling it erroneous in regard to using the term "re-issue"...this is correct as the only vinyl available for TDS was as promo. It was never released to retail.

yeah but some of the halo's were only 3-4 songs// kinda a waste for a 12"

7" them shits :D

180 Gm 7"s!?!?!?

Hahaha, that would be unreal.

Seriously though, I would be all over this. one of the only NIN albums I don't have on vinyl. I do agree that more of the stuff needs to be repressed though. The boxset would be fucking ridiculous.

A box set of all NIN albums a ala ISIS Shades of the Swarm would be cool as all hell. I'd definitely buy a set.

As for Closure...don't hold your breath. That thing is so entangled in legal issues between Reznor and Interscope, it may not ever see the light of day on DVD. If you have the VHS you're gonna have to live with that. Although a few years back, Reznor himself leaked it on Pirate Bay as it would have been a DVD. Fans who downloaded it then made copies for other fans and it has spread. That and the Broken movie which is all kinds of crazy.

A box set of all NIN albums a ala ISIS Shades of the Swarm would be cool as all hell. I'd definitely buy a set.

As for Closure...don't hold your breath. That thing is so entangled in legal issues between Reznor and Interscope, it may not ever see the light of day on DVD. If you have the VHS you're gonna have to live with that. Although a few years back, Reznor himself leaked it on Pirate Bay as it would have been a DVD. Fans who downloaded it then made copies for other fans and it has spread. That and the Broken movie which is all kinds of crazy.

Luckily, I do have it on VHS.. just no VCR :(

I just read about a DVD he put out called collected which has all the videos and stuff from 89-05. Was this the DVD that was leaked?

http://www.nincollector.com/archive/releases/halo_19/19_collected_us_dvd_promo.htm

The DVD he leaked was Closure on DVD. He did it without the label's consent. It had the stuff on the VHS plus 90-minutes of additional stuff like live footage from Pretty Hate Machine-era and prior to the Self-Destruct tour. Great shit.

The Collected DVD you pointed out was available as a promo. If I recall correctly they had a thing up on the nin.com site that you entered your info and they sent it out. It was free. I haven't watched in years but I think it has all the videos up until "The Hand That Feeds". I think. I'm gonna have to check.

The DVD he leaked was Closure on DVD. He did it without the label's consent. It had the stuff on the VHS plus 90-minutes of additional stuff like live footage from Pretty Hate Machine-era and prior to the Self-Destruct tour. Great shit.

The Collected DVD you pointed out was available as a promo. If I recall correctly they had a thing up on the nin.com site that you entered your info and they sent it out. It was free. I haven't watched in years but I think it has all the videos up until "The Hand That Feeds". I think. I'm gonna have to check.

It's only 25 mins long. I think it has the Hand That Feeds video, but everything else is just clips. Shit sells for crazy prices on eBay though, I have 2 copies, I should probably stick one up there.

Also, I have the Closure on VHS but no VCR problem as well. Sucks, the only reason I kept it was to have the complete Halo collection.