Classical Album Collection

Hello,

I have a collection of an estimated 1,400 classical albums and would like advise on what I could do with them. They have sentimental value (belonged to Ma who was a music writer and critic for the local newspaper) so I am not going to throw them away or give them away, but I am doubtful they really have much value. They are taking up space and I would like to move them.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, W Koestner said:

Hello,

I have a collection of an estimated 1,400 classical albums and would like advise on what I could do with them. They have sentimental value (belonged to Ma who was a music writer and critic for the local newspaper) so I am not going to throw them away or give them away, but I am doubtful they really have much value. They are taking up space and I would like to move them.

Thank you.

You said you won't throw or give them away but you're looking to move them.

Are you trying to put them in storage, or by "move" do you mean sell?

If the latter, I don't think you'll have much luck and you're likely better off donating them to a library if they'll take them.

If you just want to move them into storage I'm not sure what you're asking us.

I've found hundreds of 60s and 70s classical albums at my local thrifts that are in perfect condition to explore. I'm also grateful that I'm able to have such a selection to explore and enjoy. Take that for what you will. It is up to you. Classical record are extremely hard to sell. You can also try Facebook and see if someone is interested in a bulk buy. But you'll not get what you want. Personally, I'd do like others have said and perhaps invest in a good turntable setup(if you don't already have one) and explore what your mum enjoyed. 😉