It'd be cool if..

Guest kevinb

Guest kevinb

There was some kind of reward points system where you could mayby have a discount on a purchace, or get a free LP after spending this much...just a thought, im sure Vigil dosent make to much money on VC. just saying though i dont know about you guys

but i spend some fuckin money here ha ha and thats ok cause im in love with every peice i get!

Guest kevinb
Haha like punch cards at certain yogurt/sandwich/used cd/clothing/sanrio locations?! I can see it now..."Buy 12 LPs & get a 13th of equal or lesser value for free! That's the baker's dozen of VC."

ha ha something along those lines, like i said some of us spend a fuckload of $ here, also on the other side like i said im sure virgil dosent make an assload of $$ off here, so i wouldnt be expecting a whole lot...

Blue Collar Distro had done something like this at one point. They sent out "scene point" buttons of different values depending on how much you spent. There was eventually going to be some sort of a program where you could save them up and turn them in for certain items. It never happened. It's a cool idea, but like you mentioned, and as I'm sure played a role the BCD thing, it's definitely not going to help the owner's wallet. I'm pretty sure we're all just going to keep buying a ton of shit if we want it anyways, haha.

I play disc golf, yep, but hey, it's cheap and gets me out and about enjoying nature, lol

Anyways, there are a couple online places where every 10th disc or 12th maybe is free. I honestly might be more inclined to buy LP's if I knew I could get a free one down the line, or even a free 7" or something, but eh, I'll still buy regardless, cheap shipping and being a few states away makes it much more worth my while considering I usually have to deal with florida and it sucks paying for cheap shipping and actually having to wait the full 10 days they expect it to take, lol, who knows how many people have played frisbee with my records before it gets to me...

Guest afsdan
Blue Collar Distro had done something like this at one point. They sent out "scene point" buttons of different values depending on how much you spent. There was eventually going to be some sort of a program where you could save them up and turn them in for certain items. It never happened. It's a cool idea, but like you mentioned, and as I'm sure played a role the BCD thing, it's definitely not going to help the owner's wallet. I'm pretty sure we're all just going to keep buying a ton of shit if we want it anyways, haha.

I have 'scene points' sitting with my messageboardnerd version of Coalesce "012: revolution in just listening" I'd never try to cash them in though. They're cool to have.

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=15868&page=1

That amount has surely gone up since I started that thread. It never crossed my mind to expect discounts or frequent buyer "points".

With all that VC and Virgil have to offer, what more could you ask for?

[*:c66rnmqp]$3.00 domestic shipping regardless of amount of records
    [*:c66rnmqp]Records in perfect condition
    [*:c66rnmqp]First crack at some exclusives before anyone else
    [*:c66rnmqp]Entertaining podcasts and pics
    [*:c66rnmqp]Test press contests
    [*:c66rnmqp]Package deals w/ all kinds of swag (posters/prints, pint glasses, shirts, koozies, etc.)

I am sure there is plenty more but that's still not enough?!?!?

If you want discounts and all that nonsense, go get your vinyl at Hot Topic and Interpunk. Let me know how that experience goes.

thanks guys, you all rule. I have some ideas up my sleeves (as I always do), but thanks for noticing the things we do. As I sit here hungover from kay kay being in town last night and playing a wild orchid children set, I really appreciate all the love you guys give us.

I just hired a really good friend who is a bad ass with web design and graphic design and with his help, I have some really rad things that I have been wanting to do and now we can actually do those things.

for the person saying they spent $17 on shipping on a double LP, you should have been charged $15 as single lps are $10, double LPs are $15. I would charge less if the usps did, those bastards rape us.

thanks though everyone, you all are so rad.