alkaline trio- s/t: plz tell me green isn't grey

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the artwork. Yeah its a lot simpler then say the Lawrence Arms pressings but sometimes you need to keep it simple. Anyway Alkaline trio has more important things on there minds like who is going to make the alkaline track suit and dish set. I am glad now that i missed on the 4 pack. the colors i get look pretty good.

So why exactly can't we express disappointment without being called complainers?

That's something I really don't get here.

And yes, frequently while playing records, I watch them spin, not for the entire record, but for at least a few minutes each album. Typically when I'm waiting for an email, a download to finish, etc. I also really look at the art, inserts, etc. It's really not that unreasonable to consider a record's color a part of the packaging nor is it unreasonable to express opinions on the packaging.

That said, the brown looks boss and I'm glad I ordered it. I dont' like the art placement but I'm sure seeing it in person will make it look a bit better.

So why exactly can't we express disappointment without being called complainers?

That's something I really don't get here.

And yes, frequently while playing records, I watch them spin, not for the entire record, but for at least a few minutes each album. Typically when I'm waiting for an email, a download to finish, etc. I also really look at the art, inserts, etc. It's really not that unreasonable to consider a record's color a part of the packaging nor is it unreasonable to express opinions on the packaging.

That said, the brown looks boss and I'm glad I ordered it. I dont' like the art placement but I'm sure seeing it in person will make it look a bit better.

It's not that complaining is unreasonable, but all I ever read around here is complainging. It's always something... the label pressed it on too many colors, nobody likes grey, the artwork sucks, someone is flipping the record.

Ten years ago people would have rolled their eyes at all the complaining people do over the color of records. It's just pretty insignificant and petty. Especially when the important part is this collection of music is available (together) on vinyl for the first time ever.

That is the important part, but some people value artwork more than others.

Personally, I look at the artwork, packaging(including the color of the record. Some Boris releases come to mind as good examples of this) music, everything as part of one package, and if one part is bad, I'm kind of disappointed a tad.

Hell, just plain black would have been fine with me.

That is the important part, but some people value artwork more than others.

Personally, I look at the artwork, packaging(including the color of the record. Some Boris releases come to mind as good examples of this) music, everything as part of one package, and if one part is bad, I'm kind of disappointed a tad.

Hell, just plain black would have been fine with me.

I certainly understand the artwork aspect of it. It can play an important role in the overall appeal of a record. However, if the artwork is subpar I don't complain, I just put the record on the shelf and keep listening. For me it's about the music and if there is rad artwork it's a plus.

Different strokes, I guess. No big deal.

the grey does match the cover the artwork the best, however it's really become the proletariat of vinyl colors what with its rampant overuse (no idea). it just seems like every time an album's not a color it's supposed to be, it's most likely going to be grey. pretty large jump from green with white swirl to grey, but i guess shit happens...

anyway, brown came out the nicest.

missed out on all the fun today by actually having to work... bummer.

but i like how they all turned out. i really like the simple, off centered art. i picked brown but i actually like the blue.

I havent read the bitch fest but i like how everything turned out. Its weird lately because i think im turning into a Posi person when i have always been so negative...

Maybe its all the redbull and painkillers i took today. oh well.