can't believe this actually happened..

I honestly would have absolutely no idea what to do in such a situation aside from running out of the bathroom screaming hysterically, maybe crying a little bit and then getting my roommates to deal with it because I am a chicken shit. Getting rid of it ASAP was a good idea even if that meant flushing it....I mean I'm not really down with killing animals, but there's no chance in hell I'd be able to come even close to touching it, even with tongs or some other sort of device.

Guest baseball

Haha, that is crazy!

I would have done the same thing without a doubt, I would not risk trying to remove the rat and it getting lose in my apartment.

Rats are vile creatures, I deal with them all the time because I live in the city. The worst is when you're throwing out the trash in the alley and they jump out of the trash can when you're about to place the bag in there. It's happened to me a couple times and my girlfriend once, she about had a heart attack.

My dog enjoys chasing them though.

I can't stand rats and mice, they are vile, disease ridden animals. I am not sure it is possible for a rat to climb up your pipes, since they are pretty much vertical and usually have water in them at certain points. It is plausible I guess, but it's just as plausible that is squeezed under the gap in the seat since that is a tiny rat. I'd probably have done the same thing you did too, and just flush it, then probably cleaned my toilet 1000 times since it seems worse to have that in there then shit and piss for some reason.

I can't stand rats and mice, they are vile, disease ridden animals. I am not sure it is possible for a rat to climb up your pipes, since they are pretty much vertical and usually have water in them at certain points. It is plausible I guess, but it's just as plausible that is squeezed under the gap in the seat since that is a tiny rat. I'd probably have done the same thing you did too, and just flush it, then probably cleaned my toilet 1000 times since it seems worse to have that in there then shit and piss for some reason.

Pipes can get rusted and I would imagine small rat fingers/toes could use that rust to climb. Just a guess though.

this is def. possible. a friend of mine had a similar stitch.

i woulda been a chicken shit and ducttaped the lid down and called pest control though...even flushing the thing would have been too much for me i would want to make sure the fucker was gone before i ever opened the toilet again...

Pipes can get rusted and I would imagine small rat fingers/toes could use that rust to climb. Just a guess though.

Yeah, I didn't really take that into consideration. Crazy little pests.

haha thats crazy dude.

there's this rat living underneath our outside couch, and we get glimpses of him from time to time. he's a big motherfucker.

one time my friend went inside to go to the bathroom, and started screaming. I guess she saw him chilling in our living room and run out the front door (we leave our doors open b/c we have no air conditioning and it cools the house at night) haha