Disabled the Shipping coupon code temporarily

Guest admin1338560633

Hey friends, I just wanted to let you all know that I decided to disable the Shipping coupon code during the holidays. The problem that keeps occurring is that people will use the code, but they will not email us or put in the tough to find shipping instructions to put this order with another. What then happens is that we are so busy printing and putting together orders, we end up shipping the order without receiving payment for shipping.

Due to the insanity that is christmas, we can't keep up with the shipping coupon code. I will reevaluate things after the holidays.

We are not working tomorrow because Steph and I are flying to Los angeles to see th Playing Favorites play a few shows. We are excited, but man this has been a really tough week. By the end of today, we will have shipped close to 1500 packages this week which is a record and which has made it a crazy week.

thanks everyone for your understanding and your support!

the shipping code is a great thing, and its really noble and great of you to offer it, virgil. however, for $3 shipping no matter how much you order, i find it really really hard to fathom why some people feel the need to constantly combine orders. $3 is nothing. even for one LP its super cheap. i just feel like for an extra $3 its totally worth it for me to receive my stuff whenever it gets in. its just not worth it to have to wait until a preorder item comes in to get my records just to save $3. its just easier for everyone involved. just my take, carry on.

the shipping code is a great thing, and its really noble and great of you to offer it, virgil. however, for $3 shipping no matter how much you order, i find it really really hard to fathom why some people feel the need to constantly combine orders. $3 is nothing. even for one LP its super cheap. i just feel like for an extra $3 its totally worth it for me to receive my stuff whenever it gets in. its just not worth it to have to wait until a preorder item comes in to get my records just to save $3. its just easier for everyone involved. just my take, carry on.

I agree, in general. But I've placed 3 or 4 orders in one day before. And I often place three or four orders in the span of a couple days. It comes in handy when you know he hasn't shipped the previous order yet. But like you, I never push anything back to be shipped in a pre-order. I only use the code when it makes complete sense.

It's (partially) my fault! :-[

I usually will order some preorders that don't ship for forever and subsequently purchase things that I figure can wait for the (then) few days until the preorders ship. I stopped sending explicit hold emails since I figured by now I have my own dedicated VC shelf... now that I know there's 1499 of you, I guess this will have to change