I need music reviewers (all genres)

I'm putting out notice here first. I need some writers from my webzine www.mammothpress.com.

This is what I need from you.

Three favorite bands:

Three least favorite bands:

Top five albums:

Number of reviews you can provide per week if given records to cover:

Can you do interviews:

Previous experience (if any, it's not needed):

Finally I need a review of a recently released record. Score it 1 to 10 and include a RIYL (recommended if you like) at the end.

Perks of the job are simple. You'll get pre-release music (often before it leaks), free tickets to shows for interviews/show reviews (after you've proven you're reliable), and assorted goodies as they come in. Oh and you'll have a presence on a respected music site that's read by between 3 to 8 thousand people a month and has debuted album streams from Against Me!, I Am the Avalanche, and Rocky Votolato.

It's been awhile since we've been able to do streams because I'm really the only current writer. I've been trying to do a review a day, and managed to nail it up until this month, but frankly its exhausting to be the only one writing. I want some people who are reliable to help pick up the slack so I can focus on making the site better.

We're trying to start covering a wider range of music. I've kind of turned the focus on hardcore/metal for a bit, so if you're into other genres that would make me insanely happy. Still, I'm willing to pick up another metal/hardcore dude if the writing chops are there.

You'll have the freedom to say whatever you want as long as you say it well. I dont edit my writers thoughts, just their commas.

Send all applications to john (at) mammothpress.com

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I think I'd like to do this very much. My tastes are all across the board, but I could fine tune myself to a specific genre for the website. I like a lot of pop punk and indie/folky stuff which is kind of opposite of metal/hardcore (even though I listen to metal and hardcore bands too). I also go to tons and tons of shows and have no problem talking to bands.

Yep, I think I'm going to send you something.