Best tour that you regret not seeing

311thrice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I skipped Dismemberment Plan one year for a reason I can't remember. Then they played again really soon after, so I decided to go to a friend's art opening instead. I told myself they'd be back again soon, I'd catch them then. Well, they broke up. Next time I'll say "fuck you and your art, friend."

I have two......

I Hate Myself - Yeah, I did get to see them eventually, but the first time I was going to see them I got a phone call saying the venue was shut down, didn't bother driving the 4 blocks. My roommate walked from work and got home to tell me they played on the sidewalk.

And........when I released the Backhand CD, they were playing a show in Gainesville and I went to it, skipping the show in Tampa that night, which was assuck opening for Refused. Refused broke up 4 or 5 days later.

also, wish i could have seen Desaparecidos

they're amazing live. caught em twice actually.

for me:

Thrice (touring on Illusion Of Safety)

Taking Back Sunday (touring on Tell All Your Friends)

Brand New (touring on Your Favorite Weapon)

Thursday (touring on Full Collapse)

I'm not sure if it was a "tour" but it played New London, CT and I had to start work that day and missed it. fuckers.

i missed NoFx when i was in like grade 8 and they have not come back to winnipeg since, i believe that would be about 8 years now, but i am going to see them in toronto in october twice so yeah

2 chances to be disappointed. Unless Fat Mike can stay at least half-sober.

yeah i was gonna say, prepare to be underwhelmed.

My old band played with At the Drive-In before any of us had heard of them. They were amazing. Fireside Bowl circa 1998.

Actually, those guys toured so much from 94' on, that most should kick yourself for not seeing them. There are really no excuses, as these guys would play house parties, basemeents, and small club shows for little or no money, just as long as they could play. When they got signed, i was so happy for them all.

The only tour i can regret not seeing is Jawbreaker in 92'. they were suppose to play a pizza joint, that got canceled so it moved to a house party. I had to work that evening and had made mention of it weeks prior, but when i heard the show was canceled, i picked up a shift, then i heard afterwards that it was moved to my friend Reuban's. I kicked myself all night for that one. I missed them and my friend Gerald in a drunken stupor, on the front lawn, trying to catch drumsticks between his ass cheeks. WHich i heard was quite frightening and entertaining at the same time.

Oh and when SLAYER, DARK ANGEL, VENOM, toured together. Fuck me for being too young to go out of town for a show...

NOFX, 98 warp tour in Houston, TX. This is the show where they threw $5000 in the pit cause the venue sucked.

I was there but after BR played I waited by their booth cause I wanted Greg to autograph my biology textbook and I missed NOFX.

I will never forgive myself for this. I also didn't get the auto either.

There are tons more I'm sure.

There aren't too many but I regret seeing Kevin Devine/Jesse Lacey because it sold out a day before I got tickets.

Oceansize. I had a test or something the next day and thought I'd catch them next time. That was like 5 years ago and they haven't been back to the US since.

Trail of Dead/Explosions in the Sky. At a small venue in like 2002. Sold out by the time I found out about it.

Cursive/No Knife/Small Brown Bike/The Ghost in 2003 -- I was supposed to go to this show, but I had to miss it because (I think) my car died; either that, or I had a 104-degree fever. (I missed a bunch of shows right around the same time for one of those two reasons.) That lineup still makes me shit my pants in excitement, and it murders me to think I missed it (and No Knife have never done another tour since, really).