NHL Discussion

New four conference system approved yesterday. Thoughts? Great for my Red Wings. Loving it.

I'm all for it, too. But they've got to shorten the playoffs. 16 teams in is still way too many. I think they need to narrow it down to two teams from each conference. Do a conference championship then regional championship (say conf. a vs. conf. b and conf. c vs. conf. d) then the Stanley Cup finals. More like baseball, I guess.

New four conference system approved yesterday. Thoughts? Great for my Red Wings. Loving it.

I'm all for it, too. But they've got to shorten the playoffs. 16 teams in is still way too many. I think they need to narrow it down to two teams from each conference. Do a conference championship then regional championship (say conf. a vs. conf. b and conf. c vs. conf. d) then the Stanley Cup finals. More like baseball, I guess.

I don't have any strong opinion either way. We'll see how it goes this next season. I personally love the long playoffs. I feel like it makes it more exciting in the end to see a teams hard work payoff.

Yeah, with Winnipeg coming in it was finally too chaotic. Like it said in the video like 3/4's of Detroits road games are out of their time zone and I'm sure other teams have it bad too. Something needed to change.

I was though slightly hoping Detroit would just get tossed in the east and have a much easier schedule

Pronger out rest of season and playoffs.. wonderful.

The amount of concussions this season is unreal.

you could create an all-star team with all of the players out with concussions right now

very true, it's getting really bad.

rookie Couturier from the Flyers left today's game and went straight to the hospital after getting a slapshot to the back of the head (by the ear, just under the helmet)

Question for you guys. Outside of Boston what is the general perception of the Bruins.

Perhaps said more simply: If your not a Bruins fan, what do you all think of them?

I'm a Bs fan but come by it honestly, been hearing more and more negative buzz about this team and wanted to get some folks perspectives to satisfy my own curiosity.

Boston isn't well liked up here in Canada. Canadians seem to love Canadian teams even through most of them are trash and full of chumps.

Personally, I'm not particularly into Boston but I think when they are playing their gritty style they are one of the best teams in the league. Lots of people call them "dirty" or whatever but I just think they play a game no one else does well and it wins them games. When it came to the finals last year I was cheering Bruins. I hate Luongo, the Sedins are a joke and Boston put them in their place.