NHL Discussion

Yea, but it's Boston, so the league will probably rescind the 5 minute major, take away the PPG, and instead hand Boston the win.

Again, I don't understand how you still think the initial call was the correct one. You're literally the only person who still thinks this.

It's not like Marchand just served 5 games for a hit that was a game suspension MAYBE.

Tim Thomas decided not to join his Bruins teammates at the White House today. Thomas posted the following statement on his Facebook page tonight:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

I gotta give Tim a big WTF on this one. During his speech, President Obama commended Tim's performance during the Stanley Cup playoffs and credited Tim with being the main reason the Bruins won it. What's everyone elses thoughts on this?

I think a lot of people are over-reacting to this. Didn't he say something about how he didn't feel right being suspended and playing the All-Star game? It's not a, "fuck this, I didn't do anything wrong, now I'm not going!" pouting session. It's logical.

I don't think he's not going to the game just because he is suspended. He said he didn't understand why he got 3 games for his hit and he was pissed about the NHL decision. It's an easy way out after this to just say "i'll not go because i'm under a suspension.

But anyway, nobody know why exactly he did this but it's just sad to see a player like Ovechkin not jump in the promotion boat for the NHL in an event like this.