NHL Discussion

I hate how the commentators are debating which Pittsburgh goalie should start game 3. It doesn't matter! If their defense isn't gonna be anywhere to be found again its not gonna matter who suits up in goal. Props to Boston for outplaying the guins hard tonight. So hard to watch though.

if anything, the penguins are making me feel better about the kings!

while the series isn't over yet, i'm not particularly optimistic about the kings.  they haven't really picked up scoring and the hawks are just dominating in physicality.

whichever way it goes, i don't really care.  i'm just glad they didn't lose in the first round and they moved on to beat SJ.  i don't hate any of the leftover teams so i'm not gonna be mad about anyone else who wins.

if anything, the penguins are making me feel better about the kings!

while the series isn't over yet, i'm not particularly optimistic about the kings. they haven't really picked up scoring and the hawks are just dominating in physicality.

whichever way it goes, i don't really care. i'm just glad they didn't lose in the first round and they moved on to beat SJ. i don't hate any of the leftover teams so i'm not gonna be mad about anyone else who wins.

I just feel the kings are so beat up, winning the cup definitely softens the blow though. I still think the Kings home streak will continue but I don't see them winning 1 in Chicago.

I'm happy with the west, and so sad with the east.  I can't stand the Bruins... top to bottom, that organization bugs the shit out of me.  Owner, anthem singer, coach, Marchand (especially him, that fucking scumbag weasel), Chara, Lucic, McQuaid, Thornton... Their equipment manager is probably a dick, too.

Before either series started I would've wanted either team out of the West over either team in the East, but I wanted Boston to get knocked out here.

I get hating Marchand (I really do), and I guess I kind of get hating Rene Rancourt. But I don't get necessarily get Chara and Quaider.

With Lucic I get why Buffalo hates him, but some of his other "controversies" like Emelin didn't seem that dirty to me. He can bang, I get people not liking his play style, but I dunno. He ain't gonna win no Lady Byng but he ain't a Cooke or Torres or even, ahem, Kaleta. 

A hometown bias there, truth is probably in the middle. 

I get hating Marchand (I really do), and I guess I kind of get hating Rene Rancourt. But I don't get necessarily get Chara and Quaider.

With Lucic I get why Buffalo hates him, but some of his other "controversies" like Emelin didn't seem that dirty to me. He can bang, I get people not liking his play style, but I dunno. He ain't gonna win no Lady Byng but he ain't a Cooke or Torres or even, ahem, Kaleta. 

A hometown bias there, truth is probably in the middle. 

I dont get hating chara either.  I think he's fantastic to watch, and frustrating to play against.  so many dish/onetime passes get broken up because of his 12 foot reach. 

fuck marchand.  dude is such a cocky fuck.  when he scored and stared down pens players going "what?  what?" I just wanted to reach through the screen and poke him in the eye.  I understand he's the cooke of the Bruins, but at least when Cooke scores he has the "respect" to not mock the other team. 

rest of the bruins are alright.  I really like Horton.  I like the Bruins outside of games/series against the pens. 

I had completely forgot that Fluery hadnt played a game since May 7th.  almost a MONTH!  no wonder he got beat so badly on marchands lazy shot on net.  Game 3 should be a different beast in net. 

I literally said "Ha. What a dick!" when Marchand pulled that. I believe he was staring down Cooke, who missed a check and allowed Marchand to get free and have the breakaway. Doesn't make it any better per se, but I got a little more joy out of thinking it was directly to Cooke. 

Really interested to see how Fleury and the Pens respond tomorrow. I'd also like to see the Kings take one and get a series going. 

Speaking from experience, you'd probably like about half to two-third of his antics. Any of the shit like when he stares down Cooke after the goal is good for a chuckle. The low hit on Salo in the playoffs last year (I think?) was too dangerous to be amusing. Although a lot of folks in Boston will eat that shit up.

Mostly you'd be happy because he is Top 20 in points in the playoffs and was top 50 for the regular season. 

I guess maybe he gets a game since it was obviously retaliatory. He shouldn't though, he gets a little slash trying to grab his glove and a gives a little one back. Happened to catch him wrong. That stuff happens all the time, I don't think you can say there was any intent to injure. Especially with the ice-level apology, assuming it was what it looked like.