NHL Discussion

Neal traded to Nashville

Good pickup for my Preds even though I know Neal has a history. Neal still is probably the best forward Nashville has ever had unless you count the 22 games we had Peter Forsberg. Looks like we tried to get Jason Spezza but he has a  NTC and nixed a deal. Now that Trotz is gone, really starting to feel that we have a bright future.

I feel like Bonino is a player I would not want to trade. Kesler is one more hip surgery away from never playing again. I also feel like Kesler is getting traded at the value of what he did like 3-5yrs ago. Bonino had more points, only 3 less goals and played third line minutes opposed to second line time. Bonino is a fucking warrior as well, heart and drive you can't teach. In the long run I think Anaheim will be regretting they ever traded him. 

I feel like Bonino is a player I would not want to trade. Kesler is one more hip surgery away from never playing again. I also feel like Kesler is getting traded at the value of what he did like 3-5yrs ago. Bonino had more points, only 3 less goals and played third line minutes opposed to second line time. Bonino is a fucking warrior as well, heart and drive you can't teach. In the long run I think Anaheim will be regretting they ever traded him. 

I firmly agree with regretting trading Bonino... but look at the overall picture. WE GOT RID OF SBISA. I could not stand that ass-clown, so good riddance. I wont overthink this trade, however, until the beginning of the season to see what other moves we make... if they have something up their sleeve, then this won't look as bad, but I'm definately going to miss Bonino.

Good pickup for my Preds even though I know Neal has a history. Neal still is probably the best forward Nashville has ever had unless you count the 22 games we had Peter Forsberg. Looks like we tried to get Jason Spezza but he has a  NTC and nixed a deal. Now that Trotz is gone, really starting to feel that we have a bright future.

well we will see whether or not Neal is a product of playing with Malkin or not, good luck to him in Nashville, and the female general public

Ian, what's the word on Linden Vey?

I'm actually pretty bummed we traded him but there's just no room anytime soon. He's pretty ready to jump into the NHL. Played exclusively with Pearson and Toffoli in the AHL and they all tore it up. Projects to be a 2nd line center. I think you guys will like him. He undressed Brad Richardon for a really nice assist in his like 2nd or 3rd NHL game.

I'm actually pretty bummed we traded him but there's just no room anytime soon. He's pretty ready to jump into the NHL. Played exclusively with Pearson and Toffoli in the AHL and they all tore it up. Projects to be a 2nd line center. I think you guys will like him. He undressed Brad Richardon for a really nice assist in his like 2nd or 3rd NHL game.

That's the play right there. I'm also bummed about Vey but like you said we're stacked down the middle. Reason for the Trade was Linden wanted to come up and play so instead of losing him to waivers the kings shopped him for no worse then a 2nd rd pick. He's got great play making ability and makes his line mates better. I'm excited to see him play in the NHL full time and wish him the best.

I firmly agree with regretting trading Bonino... but look at the overall picture. WE GOT RID OF SBISA. I could not stand that ass-clown, so good riddance. I wont overthink this trade, however, until the beginning of the season to see what other moves we make... if they have something up their sleeve, then this won't look as bad, but I'm definately going to miss Bonino.

why do you or ducks fans dislike him?  i'm just curious as i've heard about how he is when he gets drunk in newport but not sure if it's just how he is on the ice for you guys or if there's something else about him/his personality in general.

why do you or ducks fans dislike him? i'm just curious as i've heard about how he is when he gets drunk in newport but not sure if it's just how he is on the ice for you guys or if there's something else about him/his personality in general.

If you take any 10 times he has the puck or has to make a decision on the puck, 9 times he makes the wrong one. He possesses no offensive quality and doesn't make up for it in defensive strength, isn't very fast, and doesn't make any of his teammates any better. On a team with an already short defensive list, there's no room for that. Plus, this means we absolutely need another defenseman which I'm excited to see who we get.