NHL Discussion

i know what you were saying about driving out there to watch a game, but man, i feel like that is like rooting for the ducks or even sharks for me. COULD NEVER DO IT. back when the kings sucked still, i'd get playoff tickets to the ducks and ALWAYS cheered against them. i was totally cheering for edmonton against anaheim in 2006! ;)

this year, i'm ok with any team in the east winning it except for detroit and maybe washington. i don't hate detroit, but i just know if they win it again, i'll hear all the CA wings fans come up out of nowhere again. i don't really care if the caps win it but i have a few caps fan friends who used to laugh off the kings 2012 win like it was a fluke and it feels better to laugh back at them for having nothing. i'd actually like the islanders or tampa to win it.

in the west, i'd be ok with st. louis, nashville, minnesota, winnipeg or calgary winning it.

not too many teams i hate in the running this year. just please absolutely not the ducks or the canucks.

I am a die hard Oilers fan. Always will be. At the same time, it's nice to watch hockey that matters. For the past 3 years, our season has been over by the start of November. It sucks. And the flames aren't going to win the cup, so it doesn't matter anyway. I just want to see playoff hockey and enjoy the atmosphere. Plus, I'd love to cheer against the Canucks. And the battle of Alberta has 0 intensity now.

Shit, that's my ritual for every game, except switch beer with liquor.

oh and haha, i could probably deal if all i were drinking were whiskey.  my metabolism can't handle pizza more than once every few months.  pizza and beer every 2 weeks is murder to me.  not too mention all the unhealthy anxiety the kings gave me every game day.  it would be nice to finally be able to relax, as much as i actually do enjoy the thrill of the playoffs.

Suck my Red Wing ass

You have to admit that...any Detroit team has a fanbase that others loathe.

Maybe not as much as Philly or Boston fans, but people hate Wings fans nonetheless.

It's just amusing to see online. Especially since the Blues push a long-dead Wings rivalry hard.

AV deserves the Jack Adams. I mean, he not only led his team to a presidents trophy without his number 1 player, but he scratched our top goal scorer, Zucc, and Staal to give Ottawa an advantage and screw the Bruins! Amazing! I love it! I hope he scratches Nash, Marty, Hank, Yandle, and Girardi next game! 

AV deserves the Jack Adams. I mean, he not only led his team to a presidents trophy without his number 1 player, but he scratched our top goal scorer, Zucc, and Staal to give Ottawa an advantage and screw the Bruins! Amazing! I love it! I hope he scratches Nash, Marty, Hank, Yandle, and Girardi next game! 

please scratch yandle, giradi, mcdonagh and boyle.  I want ovi and backstrom to get a guaranteed 2+ points each.

Man what the fuck do you do in April May and June. Asking for a friend

i'm relieved i can go to that faith no more show in a couple weeks and NOT think about hockey.  i went to that jim adkins show at the wayfarer/detroit bar a little bit ago and couldn't stop thinking about the kings/ducks game that was going on.  i walked in with the kings in the lead and by the time i walked out, they'd blown it.  i was kind of mad at myself for going out that night, haha.

i'll also make more use out of my disney pass.

Yeah, you are correct. They still are the Laffs, though.

Yeah. They are. I am a die-hard fan, but I have no words of defence. They really are and have been terrible for so long. And it's sad. My dad has for the last 20 years had 1/6th of a set of season tickets (up in the nosebleeds), and so goes to about 6 or 7 games per year, and usually takes me to one. About halfway through this season, he couldn't even beg me to take them - even when he offered to babysit my kid, and pay for the dinner in advance (we obviously relented but got to the game late and left early). My wife, who doesn't know much about hockey, watched the game with me (I think against the Blues) and she said something like "I know you told me they suck, but even I know that they're playing poorly..."

What a shitshow if they get McDavid. They won't, but it would but insane if they did. They'd still find remarkable ways to lose....

Leave it to Vancouver to write the worst article ever. It's so funny when idiots rip on advanced stats and act like its supporters see it as the ONLY factor within hockey. Also, whoever wrote it seemingly doesn't know that Vancouver and Calgary ARE the two biggest cities in western Canada. Not "two of the biggest". http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2015/04/10/conspiracy-watch-did-the-nhl-just-give-the-calgary-flames-a-playoff-spot/

Even when he's hurt for over a month, Hank still gets 30 wins. At least 30 wins every season (not including lockout season). I think he will break Broduers record if he decides to play as long as Marty did. Also this was the most wins/points by a team in Rangers history! Oh and those Caps jerseys are so ugly.