NHL Discussion

penguins and islanders on ridiculous losing streaks, bruins only getting one point, and hammond continuing to kill it.  this wild card playoff race is going to be exciting

Yeah, it's gonna be fun to watch for sure. I really think the Pens and Caps end up as 2-3 in the Met and play in the first round, with the Islanders falling into the Wild Card spot at 4. But maybe that's just wishful thinking haha

Alright boys, what playoff match ups do you dream of when you lay your down at night?

For my Red Wings I'd definitely take Tampa over MTL though I acknowledge both would be difficult. Price will win most series. 

Would love a Boston/MTL first round so everyone can cry and I can be entertained and Boston can be out early. Would love if they didn't make the playoffs at all. 

I would love a Rangers/Pens first round but I think the Rangers are too far ahead. Washington is my dark horse in the Metro though, Trotz is too good to underestimate 

I want STL to finish top their division because I like them and they don't deserve Chicago again in the first round.

I hope ANA draws LA and LA just fucks their world up. Fuck I hate the Ducks. 

Calgary would be awesome if they made it past the first round. Love Monahan. 

Hope Minny and LA get the wild card. Fuck Winnipeg

Predicting Preds and Islanders are both first round knockouts. 

Alright boys, what playoff match ups do you dream of when you lay your down at night?

For my Red Wings I'd definitely take Tampa over MTL though I acknowledge both would be difficult. Price will win most series. 

Would love a Boston/MTL first round so everyone can cry and I can be entertained and Boston can be out early. Would love if they didn't make the playoffs at all. 

I would love a Rangers/Pens first round but I think the Rangers are too far ahead. Washington is my dark horse in the Metro though, Trotz is too good to underestimate 

I want STL to finish top their division because I like them and they don't deserve Chicago again in the first round.

I hope ANA draws LA and LA just fucks their world up. Fuck I hate the Ducks. 

Calgary would be awesome if they made it past the first round. Love Monahan. 

Hope Minny and LA get the wild card. Fuck Winnipeg

Predicting Preds and Islanders are both first round knockouts. 

i can get behind all of this.  i think a few years ago, i'd be anti-detroit, but they're in a different conference now and haven't held the same level of rivalry vs. the kings that they did in the early 2000s.  my hate has been redirected to the sharks and vancouver (the ducks were a given).  :)

Was on the NHL app and saw Marchand and Stamkos received fighting majors against one another. Was it any good, if anyone was able to catch it?

Not really - I would've just given them roughing minors. No punches thrown. Stamkos essentially charged at Marchand, they wrapped each other up and hit the ground after 2 or 3 seconds.