NHL Discussion

Anyone watch the Stars/Blues game last night? Someone in the crowd took a puck to the head and 5 minutes later one of the trainers on the Stars bench took one to the ear. Haven't seen two incidents like that in one game since they put the nets up.

Also, anyone HATE the redesign of nhl.com? Horrible. Plus when you go to it on your phone, it's the old site with news dating back to the allstar game.

Also, anyone HATE the redesign of nhl.com? Horrible. Plus when you go to it on your phone, it's the old site with news dating back to the allstar game.

Ugh. it's the worst. I don't think I've been there more than three times in the last two weeks, and I used to visit multiple times per day. I loved that the news used to be in the corner, and the boxscores were easy to follow. Now everything is too spread out and useless. Not to mention Gamecenter streaming has been sucky...

Yeah, gamecenter is really terrible now. I am always watching games on demand due to the time difference, and while it was working perfectly before, it has really become a pain to watch. I can't pause a game, every commercial break makes the game restart from the beginning so I have to skip through the game at random to find the point where it continues, and so on. Site itself is lame too.

The Leafs, who are pretty much already the Marlies, will become even more Marlied in no time. Though to be honest, I'd rather the Marlies stay as Marlies and win some games (I think the team is aware of that too, which is why there are several players not being called up). Leafs should pick up some waiver freebies to play out the season. Or trade for John Scott.

Just a thought - do the Leafs trade off one of their goalies for Howard, who hasn't won in three months but is still probably a more capable goalie than either Reimer or Bernier? I do love Reimer - I've always loved his earnestness - but he's not a starter, and I don't think he really ever will be. Bernier's done as a Leaf.

The Leafs, who are pretty much already the Marlies, will become even more Marlied in no time. Though to be honest, I'd rather the Marlies stay as Marlies and win some games (I think the team is aware of that too, which is why there are several players not being called up). Leafs should pick up some waiver freebies to play out the season. Or trade for John Scott.

Just a thought - do the Leafs trade off one of their goalies for Howard, who hasn't won in three months but is still probably a more capable goalie than either Reimer or Bernier? I do love Reimer - I've always loved his earnestness - but he's not a starter, and I don't think he really ever will be. Bernier's done as a Leaf.

Cant see them pulling the trigger on Howard due to his age. He's 31 now, they are still about 4 years away from having an semblance of being a competitive team that's if everything goes to plan. Howard would be shot by then. Goaltending could really sink this rebuild. The Leafs have nothing now and nothing in their system that even resembles a potentially above average goaltender. 

Interesting bunch of moves going on.

Weise sure will be a great addition if healthy, good 3rd liner with decent hands. Fleischmann as an insurance in case a few guys go down is solid as well.

Not sure what the Habs will do with Danault though, as they already have an overabundance of 3rd liners on lines 2-4, but Danault and a 2nd (albeit in 2018) is a good return.