NHL Discussion

Reimer to the Sharks.

The Toronto Maple Leafs sent the goaltender, along with forward Jeremy Morin to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for goaltender Alex Stalock, forward Ben Smith and a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.

So their AHL forwards and AHL defensemen will now be playing in front of an AHL goalie as well. Tanking done right.

Worst deadline I can remember in a long time. Ecstatic the Wings did nothing. The prices were absurd for mediocrity. McGinn for what could be a 2nd round pick? On what planet? Congrats to Buffalo who put him on that top line all year to inflate stats to make this exact trade. Guy didn't even notch 30 points playing top 3. Russell could potentially go for a 1st, an NHL defenceman and a decent prospect?! Good lord. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the reply in NHL so much. I hate it. 

Half the time they seems to get it wrong anyway. It just slows the game down. 

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. 

It's stupid.  Very.  They can't figure out how to get scoring up meanwhile they're taking away goals every game because a player was 1/2 inch offside.  Meanwhile, refs are calling plays offside that aren't even offside at ridiculous rates, because they look stupid when they go to video replay and their call gets reversed.  

Also, this article gave me a good laugh. https://www.nhl.com/news/connor-mcdavid-jack-eichel-comparison/c-279787684?tid=277548856

Like the concept too but I'd be open to removing the offside review. I like the goaltender one. 

The ideas floating around GM meetings now I think are better than anything they have thought of in a while. Specifically, I love the idea of players serving a full 2-minute penalty even if the PP team scores. 

Like the concept too but I'd be open to removing the offside review. I like the goaltender one.

The ideas floating around GM meetings now I think are better than anything they have thought of in a while. Specifically, I love the idea of players serving a full 2-minute penalty even if the PP team scores.

When you actually think about it, the dumbest rule in the entire league is that you don't get a powerplay if you score during the 6-5 before the PP actually begins . Why??? WHY?? The penalty hasn't even started.