NHL Discussion

i'd rather face the Ducks than Vancouver. i'm sorry if that upsets you.

The only part that's upsetting is how badly the Wings would get killed. Oh wait, I'd like that so it works for me. Then Vancouver can get Luongo to stand on his head and off the Ducks. Then I'll be happy. No Ducks, Wings, or Sharks is exactly how I like it.

i wouldn't be so sure the ducks would "kill" the wings. like i said before hiller showed that he can fall apart and the offense that detroit would throw at him would be much more than the sharks have mustered so far in the series.

And the forecheck Anaheim can create with Ryan, Getzlaf, and Perry is more than any team can handle. I think the Red Wings get run through the glass playing Anaheim. I don't think Detriot's defense can handle the big bodies Anaheim has and I think Anaheim's defense is better than any defense in the league right now.

And, lastly, if Hiller falls apart they can go to the Conn Smythe winner on the bench for some support.

i'm not usually one to complain about penalties not being called. but it seems like pronger has a golden ticket to do pretty much whatever he wants on the ice. it's bullshit.

as for the arguement about offense. the same could be said about san jose as columbus. their offense just hasn't been present in round one. so hiller really hasn't had too hard of a time. in game three he did show that he's got weaknesses and i think a hot offensive team like detroit could get to him.

that being said i still like detroit's chances against vancouver more than i like thier chances against the ducks. who knows though. conklin could step up to the plate for detroit if osgood can't cut it. look at last year it was hasek that got the wings through the early parts then osgood stepped in and was lights out.

Give Pronger some credit, he's a veteran and great d-man. He knows how to play rough and he knows how to get away with it.

Lets talk about the face-offs. holy shit, Pens have been dominating this series in the faceoff circle, something to the tune of winning 58% of the time? or was it 55%? either way, thats been really impressive to me, was winning the faceoff battles.

Very true. I think that's the big reason the Flyer's power play has been so bad. They can't win. Losing all those faceoffs in the Pen's zone has killed the Flyers all series.

the best quotes ever that were said a multitude of times last night were:

"Mike Richards does such a great job on the PP/PK" (always said after every PP/PK the flyers had)

"Mike Richards is such a great leader" (every time he stepped off the ice)

"Mike Richards could play in any era" (every time mike richards was on the bench)

the endless jobbing last night was so much fun. It never got really vulgar, it was just really witty stuff. Made watching the Pens lose a little easier to handle, haha! plus, the weather was amazing! sitting in lawn chairs eating pizza outside of Mellon Arena with 2,500 other fans was a top 5 hockey moment of this season for me.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':fdszl5mo]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':fdszl5mo]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

fuck...

who blows a three goal lead in a game like that?

shit.

it's a Philly curse.

think about how many times last year alone in the playoffs that they were up 2-0, or 3-0 and the other team came back. Time after time the Flyers get that lead and sit back, or fall apart, and find a way to let the game tie up or fall behind.

I can't even express how bummed out I am right now, but I am also so excited/hopeful for next season, the team is so young, and has so much talent, just going to need a few finishing pieces.

It's going to be an interesting offseason, especially in what we do with our goaltender situation.