NHL Discussion

I can't believe the sharks keep losing. I thought for sure that they would own the ducks.

The Ducks have been getting consistent play from everyone after the trade deadline and were playing awesome, while the Sharks have been playing very subpar in that same timeline. Couple that with Sharks' top player regularly sucking in the playoffs, I figured they'd be in tough against the Ducks. Granted, I thought the Sharks would win at least one game at home, but that's the playoffs for ya!

i honestly have no clue what happened yesterday. I went out with some friends for the game and next thing i know I was on my 6th beer (they were big) and the Flyers were up 5-3, haha. I dont remember much of the game other than when my friend ben showed up and the pens scored twice and we got so loud, ha. then the assholes at the bar turned on the lakers game? holy shit. during a period. i never drink like that, ever. feel so good right now, ugh. haha

How about the kid, Giroux? He definitely did his part to make up for that bonehead overtime penalty from Friday night.

If the Flyers can keep up this intensity, the series should get interesting. The Flyers stars look like they're waking up finally. They need to get stronger on the face offs though. It seems like they lose almost all the draws in the offensive zone. The Pens guys are looking really good (i.e. Crosby, Staal, Kunitz), but Malkin looks fucking unstoppable. The Flyers are gonna have to stick close to him and keep the body on him. Hope they can get in his head or something.

How about the kid, Giroux? He definitely did his part to make up for that bonehead overtime penalty from Friday night.

If the Flyers can keep up this intensity, the series should get interesting. The Flyers stars look like they're waking up finally. They need to get stronger on the face offs though. It seems like they lose almost all the draws in the offensive zone. The Pens guys are looking really good (i.e. Crosby, Staal, Kunitz), but Malkin looks fucking unstoppable. The Flyers are gonna have to stick close to him and keep the body on him. Hope they can get in his head or something.

I back this post. tomorrow night is going to be so awesome. Both teams are going to come out on fire. that toe drag that Carter did was so fucking sick. He faked fluery out big time.

I back this post. tomorrow night is going to be so awesome. Both teams are going to come out on fire. that toe drag that Carter did was so fucking sick. He faked fluery out big time.

The Carter goal was amazing... it was about time. Fleury has robbed him blind a few times. That save he made against Carter in game 2 has been the save of the playoffs.

Tomorrow should be crazy. Win or lose, I love seeing games like that. Everyone was fired up, lots of great plays and lots of physical play.

giroux does everything crosby does with the puck just not as elite as crosby.

he his going to be a special talent, the kid flat out dominated the 2nd period.

i retract my previous statement that crosby dives the most in the league...is swear it's got to be staal. i've never liked staal and all of his antics these series are just flat out embarrassing for a 6-4 220 pound man. every time a stick comes close to his hand he starts shaking his hand like it was just viciously hacked. good to see he was called out for holding someones stick and trying to draw a penalty.

crosby seems like he is maturing and he brings it every shift and wins every damn faceoff.

i can't believe i'm saying this but he isn't even in my top 5 most "hated" pen anymore.

staal is number one, then orpik, gonchar, letang, malkin

game 4 should be great but i have class that night. i would skip it but my idiotic group volunteered to do a presentation. this is just awful, i need to find a way to tape the game.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':ia6lsfkl]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ia6lsfkl]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

The Carter goal was amazing... it was about time. Fleury has robbed him blind a few times. That save he made against Carter in game 2 has been the save of the playoffs.

Tomorrow should be crazy. Win or lose, I love seeing games like that. Everyone was fired up, lots of great plays and lots of physical play.

that save in game 2 won the game.

I think the save won the game. There was a definite change in the way the Flyers played after that save. They lost some of their energy and after a game of being smart with penalties, they broke down after that. If that goal had been scored, that game probably wouldn't have gone to overtime.

I believe Carter takes that hooking penalty right after that save, that allowed Malkin to tie it up and send it to overtime. You can't say that save didn't frustrate Carter, who had already been having a frustrating play-offs.

a goal would have been huge no doubt but you can't pick out certain moments like that.

like i said, there was still 8 mins left on the clock. a 2 goal lead would have been huge, but the pens can score twice in 8 mins.

carter's phantom hook was called with 4 mins left so i don't think he took that penalty because he was frustrated because of that save.

let's put it this way. the call on giroux (which obviously isn't so automatic as evidenced in the rangers caps game, and hell the flyers pens game last night when kimo's stick was broken on a slash) and the call on carter affected the outcome a lot more than the save on carter.

I've avoided talking about the penalties so far, but this Giroux thing bugs me. The kid is great, had and awesome game 3, but the only person you can blame is Giroux for the OT slashing call. Yeah, if I was reffing the game, I probably wouldn't have made the call in that situation. And watching the game I thought "what the fuck? 5 on 3 in overtime for that?"

But on the other hand, you also have to think, what the fuck is Giroux doing slashing a guys stick in OT... away from the play... when the team is shorthanded... in the playoffs. He deserves the call for making a dumb play.

lol, whoops. didn't mean staal was a diver...just meant that diver and antics to be synonymous.

anyway.

collin the idiot campbell on CBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_FrDjtmTuI&hl=en&fs=1

what a tard, pretty much admitting he suspends on injuries and reputation, not the actual incident.

so camerlarri isn't a bully? does that mean if i steal tomorrow for my first time ever i'm not a thief and shouldn't be punished?

this guy needs to go, moronic moron.

funny enough he was actually drafted by the pens.

swankymodes - i am convinced that the giroux call in overtime was the worst call i've seen in a long long time.

i've explained why a couple times but i think the biggest evidence for those people who think it's "automatic" is the broken stick slash that lead to a scoring chance in the caps/rags game, and the broken stick slash that lead to a scoring chance against kimo in the last pens/flyers games.

both of those lead to scoring chances and both were in front of the ref. for those to be let go but to call giroux's during a 4-4 in OT is an abomination