NHL Discussion

So Toronto a lottery pick team that is rebuilding has no first rounder Burke is doing a stellar job acquiring an overrated d-man that does not play defence and a goalie that is past his prime. Toronto better hope Burke is not done the forwards are no where near where they should be and Burke should be looking to move up in the standing this season and next since he has no picks.

Now not to just bash Toronto Calgary are treading a even worse path if the large amount of player movement results in lack of chemistry for the team. They are not a team that is rebuilding but in a win now mode and have so far only done lateral or lower value deals we should see them make a big deal for an impact player or i predict another early exit for them.

Toronto's move is long term. They get giggy back with his old goalie coach, He gets to play a fair amount of games while we develop Gustaveson into a great #1. Phaneuf is an all star defenseman who can also fill into a franchise player role in toronto, He hits hard and he can produce offense. We also get another big physical defenseman in aulie. As for scoring, that is true, we were already coming up short there but burke will still be doing some dealing before the olympics, Kaberle waving his NTC would be nice even though he is such an asset to the team. Here's hoping Bozak and Kadri having long successful NHL careers.

So Toronto a lottery pick team that is rebuilding has no first rounder Burke is doing a stellar job acquiring an overrated d-man that does not play defence and a goalie that is past his prime. Toronto better hope Burke is not done the forwards are no where near where they should be and Burke should be looking to move up in the standing this season and next since he has no picks.

Now not to just bash Toronto Calgary are treading a even worse path if the large amount of player movement results in lack of chemistry for the team. They are not a team that is rebuilding but in a win now mode and have so far only done lateral or lower value deals we should see them make a big deal for an impact player or i predict another early exit for them.

Toronto's move is long term. They get giggy back with his old goalie coach, He gets to play a fair amount of games while we develop Gustaveson into a great #1. Phaneuf is an all star defenseman who can also fill into a franchise player role in toronto, He hits hard and he can produce offense. We also get another big physical defenseman in aulie. As for scoring, that is true, we were already coming up short there but burke will still be doing some dealing before the olympics, Kaberle waving his NTC would be nice even though he is such an asset to the team. Here's hoping Bozak and Kadri having long successful NHL careers.

there are going to be plenty of players on the market come june for Burke to fill the holes on the team offensively. now he doesn't have to waste time finding top D-men or a goalie looking to cash in somewhere on the market. he can spend freely on scoring forwards, they'll be a better team next season, thats for sure.

im fucking glad blake isnt a leaf anymore, dude could single handedly beat the pens. see ya later!

This is incredibly short sighted.

Dion Phaneuf is arguably the best open ice hitter in the game. His proficiency, experience, and tenacity at his position are miles above where they should be for his age -- don't forget he's only 24. Most D don't hit their stride until +/- 30. As for his being an offensive defenseman, so what? There are numerous stay at home types on the roster already. Kaberle and the now departed Ian White were the only glimmers of offense from the blue line. Washington and San Jose (with Green and Boyle, respectively) are proof positive that an offensive minded defenseman that can anchor a powerplay is a lethal weapon for a team.

As for your draft stuff -- as I pointed out earlier, Burke hedged those lost picks very well in my opinion, and cleaned out the locker room in the process. Phaneuf is 24. Sjostrom is 26. Kessel is 23 or 24. They are all three first round picks. The two he gave up would be lucky to be impact players within 2 or 3 years, if at all. A first round pick is not a free ticket to a superstar player. Lots of them wind up not being worth a damn. Here, he now has proven comodities that are in their youthful prime. I'd take that over speculation any day.

True, Giggy may have his best days behind him. But remember, he wasn't worth a damn himself until he was put with Allaire in Anaheim -- the third team he played for. And you can't judge him by his performance of late -- he's in a shitty situation having been usurped by yet another Allaire protoge. The future of the position in TO is not JS Giguere, it's Gustavsson. Giggy is an upgrade over Toskala and will serve as an exemplary mentor to The Monster. Giggy buys into Allaire's system 100%. The trophies in his case and ring on his finger are a testament to how successful it can be. The Monster needs this. Burke knew it.

I think these deals are fantastic.

This is incredibly short sighted.

Dion Phaneuf is arguably the best open ice hitter in the game. His proficiency, experience, and tenacity at his position are miles above where they should be for his age -- don't forget he's only 24. Most D don't hit their stride until +/- 30. As for his being an offensive defenseman, so what? There are numerous stay at home types on the roster already. Kaberle and the now departed Ian White were the only glimmers of offense from the blue line. Washington and San Jose (with Green and Boyle, respectively) are proof positive that an offensive minded defenseman that can anchor a powerplay is a lethal weapon for a team.

As for your draft stuff -- as I pointed out earlier, Burke hedged those lost picks very well in my opinion, and cleaned out the locker room in the process. Phaneuf is 24. Sjostrom is 26. Kessel is 23 or 24. They are all three first round picks. The two he gave up would be lucky to be impact players within 2 or 3 years, if at all. A first round pick is not a free ticket to a superstar player. Lots of them wind up not being worth a damn. Here, he now has proven comodities that are in their youthful prime. I'd take that over speculation any day.

True, Giggy may have his best days behind him. But remember, he wasn't worth a damn himself until he was put with Allaire in Anaheim -- the third team he played for. And you can't judge him by his performance of late -- he's in a shitty situation having been usurped by yet another Allaire protoge. The future of the position in TO is not JS Giguere, it's Gustavsson. Giggy is an upgrade over Toskala and will serve as an exemplary mentor to The Monster. Giggy buys into Allaire's system 100%. The trophies in his case and ring on his finger are a testament to how successful it can be. The Monster needs this. Burke knew it.

I think these deals are fantastic.

the monster will only get better sitting. I think the leafs did him a disservice by having him start in the NHL so much this year, but they really had no other options.I cant see how any leafs fan would be upset over these trades for the exact points you made

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':ngyumdue]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ngyumdue]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');