NHL Discussion

Crosby and Malkin haven't faced an opponent that can bring it physically. Guess what? That’s what Detroit can do, even though no one talks about the Red Wings in that respect. And when I say bring it physically, it’s not so much as the checks and hitting as how hard Detroit makes it to win pucks, keep possession and gain the important areas of ice.

and that, is the important part.

Oh please, Detriot got pushed around by Anaheim because they're not a big physical team. And if Detriot is, so is Washington.

Detriot isn't tough, they play puck possession and you play against that with world class skill and good positioning. If Lidstrom is hurt, who plays Crosby and Malkin? Stuart and Rafalski? Do you think they can actually nullify those two if they play at the same time and if they don't its a matter of picking your poison.

I think this series if far more even than you're making it out to be and if you're not nervous and I think you're being naive.

6-1.... versus Huet.

sure, you had two top players out, but you were also playing against a backup goalie... and maybe detroit is deeper than the Pens, but if the pens dress 7 dmen again, crosby/malkin will be out there more up against lines that probably shouldn't be out against them, and they'll prevail.

5-2 vs Khabibulin game one. whats your point?

all i'm saying is the wings are dominant for a reason. i can't find a single fault in any of our lines, and if guys who don't normally get goals keep on getting goals, theres no doubt the pens will have trouble keeping up with us.

also, i'd just like to say, i enjoyed last years banter with the penguins fans, you guys love your team but aren't assholes about it. dudes are top class.

yeah, but game one you had your top players healthy, had they not played that first game would the Wings gotten 5 goals on Bulin? Had Bulin played game 4, would the Wings still gotten 6? Doubt it. Just like you can't find a single fault in any of your lines, I can't find any in the Pens lines. 7 Dmen and doubleshifting Malkin/Crosby has made the Pens a serious threat.

i've said i believe it will go to 6.

i'm not underestimating the pens by any means.

Detriot isn't closing out the series in Pittsburgh.

I'm not pretending Detriot doesn't have a good chance of winning I just think Pittsburgh has almost as good of a chance as the Wings. We'll see how games 1 and 2 play out and have a much better idea. This is simply not the same team the Wings beat last year.

Philly was a pretty physical team.

Pittsburgh could REALLY use Ryan Malone for another best of seven against the Red Wings.

The Red Wings aren't playing as dominant as they were last season. Hossa looked great in that last game, but he needs to keep playing like that. I know Dats has been solid defensively, but they're going to need him on the score sheet as well.

Pittsburgh hasn't played a defense quite like Detroit's in these playoffs, but if they can get enough on Osgood, I like our chances.

How the fuck did Carolina get that far? What a waste of a series, everyone knew they'd get slaughtered. Boston would have made that a much better series. Now we're going to get a repeat of last year and Detroit is going to win the cup again.

Carolina ran out of gas and Boston had a handful of guys with major injuries. Carolina is a very good team with probably one of the best big game goalies in the NHL right now. If Cam Ward and Fleury aren't picked over Luongo, Team Canada management is on crack.

And I wouldn't be so quick to crown Detriot. A rugged Anaheim team gave them fits and took them seven games. The Pens are a very skilled team and the Wings seem to have an injured Datsyuk and Lidstrom. Further, Malkin has shown up to these playoffs, unlike last year, and everyone on the Pens is a year older. I think the Pens have a very good shot at winning it all.

datsyuk and lindstrom will be back for the cup finals. they're listed as day to day right now so i'm guessing it's just a move to give them some rest.

bottom line is detroit has a better team than last year and the pens aren't as good as they were last year. detroit will win the cup.

Carolina ran out of gas and Boston had a handful of guys with major injuries. Carolina is a very good team with probably one of the best big game goalies in the NHL right now. If Cam Ward and Fleury aren't picked over Luongo, Team Canada management is on crack.

And I wouldn't be so quick to crown Detriot. A rugged Anaheim team gave them fits and took them seven games. The Pens are a very skilled team and the Wings seem to have an injured Datsyuk and Lidstrom. Further, Malkin has shown up to these playoffs, unlike last year, and everyone on the Pens is a year older. I think the Pens have a very good shot at winning it all.

datsyuk and lindstrom will be back for the cup finals. they're listed as day to day right now so i'm guessing it's just a move to give them some rest.

bottom line is detroit has a better team than last year and the pens aren't as good as they were last year. detroit will win the cup.

That's pretty ignorant. The Wings are a really great team. But the Penguins have definitely improved from last year.

that's why they finished 2nd last year and 4th this year right? because they improved their team.

Look, man.

There is no question that Detroit is a good team and has been for some time.

Chances are, you're much too young to remember when Detroit was a lousy team, so your ignorance is almost excusable.

Almost.

Didn't Detroit win the President's Trophy last year? Did they win it this year? And you're claiming they "got better"?

If you want to puff your chest and bray like a sheep, there are places for that elsewhere.

Get your facts straight.

It's not the team I hate...

that's why they finished 2nd last year and 4th this year right? because they improved their team.

I assume you speak of the Pens? I would argue their conference was tougher than last year. Washington was better, Carolina was better, Boston was WAY better and they got off to a bad start. But, thankfully, its not how you start its how you finish. Ask San Jose about that, they started off losing, what 2 games? That got them really far.

they had 3 points less this year than last... its not the pens were "better" last season, its that other teams were worse. Pens got better this year, but so did Philly, Boston and Washington, and yet the Pens STILL managed to almost have the same points as last season, even when in February they were in 11th place.

you're such an idiot. you give brad a run for his money with some of your posts

Chances are, you're much too young to remember when Detroit was a lousy team, so your ignorance is almost excusable.

chances are you're wrong. i'm 30. unless you're in your 40s (or older) you don't remember detroit being a lousy team either.

they had 3 points less this year than last... its not the pens were "better" last season, its that other teams were worse. Pens got better this year, but so did Philly, Boston and Washington, and yet the Pens STILL managed to almost have the same points as last season, even when in February they were in 11th place.

care to make a wager?

red wings win the cup you admit you don't know your elbow from your asshole.

pens win i buy you a hooker so you can finally lose your virginity.

chances are you're wrong. i'm 30. unless you're in your 40s (or older) you don't remember detroit being a lousy team either.

Detroit stunk from the late sixties until well in to the mid/late 80's -- the better part of two decades. They didn't win their division until 87, I believe, and didn't win the conference until 94. I'm 30 as well and can clearly remember the mid 80's.

care to make a wager?

red wings win the cup you admit you don't know your elbow from your asshole.

pens win i buy you a hooker so you can finally lose your virginity.

LOL, mr too cool over here!

Detroit stunk from the late sixties until well in to the mid/late 80's -- the better part of two decades. They didn't win their division until 87, I believe, and didn't win the conference until 94. I'm 30 as well and can clearly remember the mid 80's.

Truth, once Yzerman joined is when it started to turn around. and i was watching when we were a shitty team. I was born and raised in Detroit. also dude its not cool to insult a citys livelihood, Pittsburgh and the steel industry? not cool. I've got a bunch of friends and family who are out of a job because of all that shit.

Keep the talk about hockey.

also, until that first puck between the wings and penguins drops its all fucking speculation.