NHL Discussion

what happened with the meeting today?

I unfollowed everyone having to do with hockey on twitter because I stopped caring

so I guess I still care. damn it

"The players and owners have taken a break for dinner from a meeting that took over five hours. While there's not a lot of news leaking from the face-to-face, there have been a few reports: the word "progress" was used."

LOL Matt. That is the generic disgruntled ranger fan response, come on now. It's a RIVALRY. Don't you want the players to feel that same passion?

No it isnt a generic response. Its a response coming from the heart of someone how loves that city and doesnt feel like hearing some asshole talk shit on it all the time. I understand a rivalry, but theres a difference between a rivalry and being a dickhead. For example: David Clarkson. The guy is such a dickhead whenever we play them. But the dude is one of the classiest dudes you will ever meet. Met him on several occasions outside of prudential center (even with my blueshirt on) and he is just a good dude. Doesnt shit talk the city or even players (expect Avery). Broduer on the other hand isnt a classy dude...he fucked his sister for shits sake.

I don't like Lucic, but if he were on my team I'd love him. He's just a hard-nosed player.

Marchand is a fucking dick and a scumbag player. He needs his face put through the glass.

Agree with this. Lucic tore it up on my fantasy team last season. Speaking of which, would anyone in here be interested in doing a league is/when the season starts?

I unfollowed everyone having to do with hockey on twitter because I stopped caring

met for 8 hours last night, meeting again today at 9 AM around the Board of Gov. meeting. Fehr and Daly both said that they were very pleased with the progress made last night, word is that both sides gave in on certain items. since negotiations are actually happening right now, no terms are being leaked, which means that there is real hope that this could be resolved in the coming day(s). players avoided the media after the meeting last night, too. Dreger had nearly nothing to tweet about las tnight, which was awesome, because dude is such a troll.

No it isnt a generic response. Its a response coming from the heart of someone how loves that city and doesnt feel like hearing some asshole talk shit on it all the time. I understand a rivalry, but theres a difference between a rivalry and being a dickhead. For example: David Clarkson. The guy is such a dickhead whenever we play them. But the dude is one of the classiest dudes you will ever meet. Met him on several occasions outside of prudential center (even with my blueshirt on) and he is just a good dude. Doesnt shit talk the city or even players (expect Avery). Broduer on the other hand isnt a classy dude...he fucked his sister for shits sake.

when has he said something unclassy about the rangers? I must have missed them all. I'm not being a dick, I really don't know what you are referring to.

Not that it has anything to do with hockey, and I'm pretty sure he's not the first human or athlete to cheat, but for the record it was his ex-wife's brother's ex-wife. :wub:

Marty is just a fat over rated dickhead. Give Roy the amount of seasons and defense Marty played with most of his time with a trap system, his records would be untouchable. Sorry for the rant, I just hate that scumbag.

also I don't quite understand how this argument is still so popular with his regular season stats post Neidermeyer + Stevens, and the playoff run last year with that sexy number 1 D-man Bryce Salvador. :mellow:

Everyone who brings that up makes it seem like everything besides defensemen and "the trap" (which the rangers do a nice job of now by the way) hasn't changed since Roy's days. Not attacking you, it's a fair argument to some degree.

when has he said something unclassy about the rangers? I must have missed them all. I'm not being a dick, I really don't know what you are referring to.

Not that it has anything to do with hockey, and I'm pretty sure he's not the first human or athlete to cheat, but for the record it was his ex-wife's brother's ex-wife. :wub:

He does it all the time dude. Its always on the news and in papers here.

He does it all the time dude. Its always on the news and in papers here.

I lived there for 22 years and pretty religiously followed the guy and the team and read the same papers you do. I never heard him say anything that I'd categorize as unclassy. Guy doesnt like the rangers, and I doubt Lundqvist has an Elias poster in his bedroom.

Brodeur has repeatedly praised Lundqvist as the best goalie in the league.

i keep a pretty good twitter list of a lot of reliable hockey people (and some rumour mongers just for kicks) as well as a lot of players (mostly Kings), if anybody wants to use it

https://twitter.com/#!/ianrees/hockey

Can't take that title away from Flyers fans.

Try walking out of Wells Fargo Center in a stevens jersey after a 6-2 devils win. I got pwned.

Get asshole fans everywhere.. saw a kid in a Flyers jersey get jumped outside of Prudential center after Flyers beat the Devils in their home opener a few seasons back. Alcohol can make people stupid, very quickly. I have to give worst to the Canucks "fans" though.