NHL Discussion

If there is any hope of a season (and I hope there is) I still am not spending a cent on the NHL this year. I'll very happily watch games at a bar or a friends house, I'm not buying tickets, jerseys or merch anytime soon. They can't have a lock out every 6-8 years just to get what they want.

If there is any hope of a season (and I hope there is) I still am not spending a cent on the NHL this year. I'll very happily watch games at a bar or a friends house, I'm not buying tickets, jerseys or merch anytime soon. They can't have a lock out every 6-8 years just to get what they want.

I'm with you on the merchandise aspect, but if the season starts back up, I can't help myself from going. You're much stronger than I in that respect.

Yeah there's no way I'm missing the banner being raised at staples or missing another possible cup run in person.

Yeah because once it's raised you won't be able to see it behind all those Lakers banners!

=]

I'm just messing with ya. We have no rivalry as of now due to the lack of a season... we have to have some form of fun aggression.

P.s. Go Ducks!

Lakers banners are stuck to the wall like posters, Kings banners will hang from the rafters.

As much as I dislike the Ducks and their fans who invade Staples the rivalry hate is reserved for the Canucks & Sharks. The real deep hatred is for the Wings.

Ahh... then you and I can be friends. I don't hate the Sharks that much, but Holy Hell do their fans get on my nerves. The Canucks are tied with the Wings for the worst team in the NHL hands down. I actually enjoy Kings Ducks games from the game aspect, but some of the fans get way too into it and it makes for an uncomfortable viewing experience. I was happy for the Kings and their true fans who finally got to see their team win. God knows they deserve it. I just hope my Ducks can become competitive again and we can really have some fun Kings Ducks games now. Our rookies are kicking ass in the AHL right now.

lockout wont end today. the best they could do is get an agreement together, but they still have to have a ratifying vote of the NHLPA members, and with everyone scattered across the globe, they probably wont get a vote done for about a week, thats if they get a contract agreed upon today, which I doubt will happen, but I hope does.

recent case in point, the NFL CBA was agreed upon around July 23rd, but the players didnt end up voting to ratify the CBA until August 2nd, and the NFL players are/were all in the states. they werent off playing in other leagues in other nations, so I think were still looking at a couple more weeks before training camps could even start.

Just discovered this thread tonight (as well as 2 others, really been fucking up). Please god let tomorrow be the last meeting and this shit finally ends. My girlfriend was here for the week last week and I planned on taking her to the Rangers home opener on the 1st.....safe to say that didnt happen. Its driving me nuts. I just want to watch Nash, Kreider, and Richards destroy the east on a line together.