NHL Discussion

Kings vs Ducks on Hockey Day in America at Dodger Stadium to be announced next month. This is a outdoor game I can get behind.

I for one, am incredibly excited... it even comes on Anaheim's 20 Year Anniversary!

The only question: Will I make it out alive from Dodger Stadium? Staples is one thing, but Dodger Stadium is a whole new world of death defying scenarios for a fan of the opposing team!

Let's just hope the Ducks don't suck that year, and that they bring back the Mighty Duck (with new colorway) for the jerseys... if they stick with that fucking D I will find the owners house and place flaming bags of shit on every foot of their property!

91 in Vegas the ice was melting! I mean obviously I know its possible, i just see it being really really hot in LA for hockey that's all. No need to insult my hockey intelligence Mike. Considering it was my team that played after all.....

January in California is generally 50-60, plus considering how much more advanced the ice making technology has become in the last 20+ years it will be fine. During the winter there is a active skating rink outside of Staples Center.

January in California is generally 50-60, plus considering how much more advanced the ice making technology has become in the last 20+ years it will be fine. During the winter there is a active skating rink outside of Staples Center.

And in Irvine (about 20 minutes away from Honda Center), not to mention this is going to be a 7 PM (4 EST) start time, so it will be cooler than during the day.

That'll be some SLOW ice. Have any of you actually played hockey? Just curious, not being a dick.

ive played since i was about 8 years old, so for about 22 years.

is it gonna be the best ice? no of course not. but it will still be better than most rinks that beer leagues are played on. the nhl wouldn't do it if they really thought it was gonna reduce the quality of the on ice product that much.

Played for over 20 years, still play twice a week.

Ian what are the chances I've played against you in Torrance or El Segundo?

Probably fairly well, I usually play in Silver. Right now I play at Bay Harbor (skating edge) on Western in Harbor City which is right next to Torrance. I never play roller though, not sure if that's what you meant by Torrance cause there's no ice rink in Torrance.

Probably fairly well, I usually play in Silver. Right now I play at Bay Harbor (skating edge) on Western in Harbor City which is right next to Torrance. I never play roller though, not sure if that's what you meant by Torrance cause there's no ice rink in Torrance.

I used to play roller in Torrance, ice at Toyota, silver as well. The trip over sucks since I moved to the valley though so I've been playing in Burbank and Panorama City.

I used to play roller in Torrance, ice at Toyota, silver as well. The trip over sucks since I moved to the valley though so I've been playing in Burbank and Panorama City.

Yeah that's a trek, what team did you play on at Toyota? I've only played in the 4 on 4 league there, their normal league is just too damn expensive. Plus Bay Harbor is right around the corner from me.

If you ever wanna come sub for a game lemme know, we play on wed/thur.

Yeah that's a trek, what team did you play on at Toyota? I've only played in the 4 on 4 league there, their normal league is just too damn expensive. Plus Bay Harbor is right around the corner from me.

If you ever wanna come sub for a game lemme know, we play on wed/thur.

When I first moved to Culver I was playing 4 on 4 silver roller and subbing for ice since I'm a goalie. I never had a regular ice team until recently playing the 4 on 4 ice when the guys I used to play roller with, but its a really bad league and the pond ice is laughably terrible. 

When I first moved to Culver I was playing 4 on 4 silver roller and subbing for ice since I'm a goalie. I never had a regular ice team until recently playing the 4 on 4 ice when the guys I used to play roller with, but its a really bad league and the pond ice is laughably terrible.

Yeah hands down the worst ice I've ever played on, and that's saying something when compared to the 3on3 rink in the mall in pv. The culver rinks ice is pretty bad too.

Ill hit you up if we ever need a goalie.

I know when it's warm in buffalo the ice at the rinks I play at is slow as shit. But yeah, the NHL has more money to invest in an outdoor ice rink than the rinks have indoors here. I wish Buffalo would get another outdoor game. They didn't really know what problems would arise the first time. We deserve a better game. Maybe when we have a better product to put on the ice they'll do it.