NHL Discussion

Maybe because his top D pairs consisted of Dimitri fucking Kalinin, Paul Mara, Michal Rosival, and Wade Redden. Also their top players were Chris Drury and Scott Gomez....two overpaid hasbeens who couldnt score if their lives depended on it. Sean Avery had to come back for that team to start scoring.... Hank cant save everything and score the fucking goals. You forget how good that Caps team was too. That power play was absolutely filthy. I understand you're just a sour Devils fan who grew up in a time where their Mickey Mouse organization was winning championships and it sucks to see your team suck so much ass and your rival who you WISH you could get more attention than but no one fucking cares because the tri state area will always be Rangers country, but just deal with it...Hank is one of the best in the league, the Rangers are one of the best teams in the league, and its going to be that way for quite sometime. Out played in 2012?! HA. Two brutally physical game 7 series were the reasons for the 2012 loss. Not Marty out playing them. He got outplayed one game by Quick this year and that was the last game. Up until then Hank only let in 2 more goals than Quick.Just watch tonight when he plays his best game of the playoffs.

Whoaaaa, I was just trying to have a conversation with you... you think Brodeur or Roy were on the better team in every final or series they played in? If a goalie is going to have a reputation as being one of the best in the game and have a nick name as obnoxious as "the king" then he should have a Stanley cup ring... I just don't see this guy doing that. He's been in the NHL what 8 years? 9? Enough is enough I am not saying he's not a great goalie, but with a nick name like that how can you have zero cup rings?

And what does my favorite team have to do with this?  Attention? I don't care about media attention I care about winning and success and over the past 20 years my teams been the model of success in the NHL that's been rivaled by very few teams (certainly not the Rangers). Play nice I am just trying to have a conversation not start a fight!

Whoaaaa, I was just trying to have a conversation with you... you think Brodeur or Roy were on the better team in every final or series they played in? If a goalie is going to have a reputation as being one of the best in the game and have a nick name as obnoxious as "the king" then he should have a Stanley cup ring... I just don't see this guy doing that. He's been in the NHL what 8 years? 9? Enough is enough I am not saying he's not a great goalie, but with a nick name like that how can you have zero cup rings?

And what does my favorite team have to do with this?  Attention? I don't care about media attention I care about winning and success and over the past 20 years my teams been the model of success in the NHL that's been rivaled by very few teams (certainly not the Rangers). Play nice I am just trying to have a conversation not start a fight!

Dude.....his team fucking sucked most of those years. Hockey's a team game. What do you not see? HE CANT SCORE THE GOALS! That was the problem with the Rangers for a long time, years. Especially the power play. The D was also horrible until the last few years. Henrik would never lose a game if his team was able to score on a consistent basis. For fucks sake, the guy who makes 7.8 mil to score on the team only has 3 goals this postseason. 

No, you're right the problem with this Rangers team for years hasn't been Hank it's been the inability of the offense to score goals and do it consistently...  The Rangers for the better part of the past 10 or 15 years have managed there offense with big name over the hill players IE: Wayne, Lindros, Gomez, Holik, Johnny Mac... How in the hell Sather ever got the Habs to make that Gomez trade is still beyond me.

Among active goalies with at least 100 GP Hank is 5th in W's, 4th in GAA and 3rd in SV%. 

I guess that makes him... a prince? A Duke? He might climb up if some others, like, say,  Tukka, can't maintain. 

Exactly... He's not the king, thank you, I was just making the point that it's an obnoxious nick name. All Hail King Quick, Prince Tukka, and Duke Hank.