NHL Discussion

Man this new cap really is starting to show that it was probably good to lock up the players before hand. Jeff Carter's contract is such a steal, 5.2 million for pretty much 30 goals and about 50/60pts. As far as Kopi goes It's a lock he'll be our highest paid player but I think he'll sign in the 8-9 million avv area. The players have said that it's all about the team and that no one is selfish, so while I expect Kopi to get paid (and he should) I don't think he handcuffs our team.

Also holy fuck does Doughtys contract look like a steal. 7 million a year for arguably the best Dman in the league coming into his prime till 2019-2020.

I think he'll sign a bridge, although his agent could be telling him to wait on a possible offer sheet for CBJ to match. There was a breakdown though where only about 4-6 teams have the picks and the caproom required to throw an offer sheet of 5MIL at him. One of them was Calgary though who are going young...

Plus, that bridge contract PK signed was probably the best thing to ever happen to him. Had he signed two yrs ago MTL likely would have got him for 5x5. Now he'll be making the big time dollars for even longer. 

Weber is still the best defenceman in the league in my opinion. I can't think of a guy who getting trading to another team would immediately make as much of a difference as he would. No other defenceman shuts down as perfectly as he does while getting a bunch of points too. Plus, that shot can kill a man. The fact he doesn't have a Norris and Mike Green does is just proof that the Norris has next to nothing to do with being a really good defenceman.