NHL Discussion

I know ya'll hate the Canucks, but I started a Canucks wordpress blog yesterday merely as a hobby.  I follow/discuss the team religiously, and I need a venue to put it out.  I would be down for contributor blogs, but I don't think theres a single other Canucks fan here.  It should be a fun way to destress for my last year of university:

http://tospeakoforcas.wordpress.com/

The Bruins are going to have some serious issues by the end of next season. They're struggling now to make cap and David Krecji is deserving of a big time pay increase when he's up this season, arguably almost double what he's getting now if he feels like testing the market. I have no idea how they'll keep him and not lose some big pieces. 

Well a big reason the Bs are in cap hell right now is 4mil in bonus overages, so they shouldn't have to worry about that next season plus the cap will presumably go up again at least a couple mil. It will be interesting to see what they do with their 7 UFAs, would imagine Krecji is top priority.

Krecji is top for sure, Boychuk I think will go as he's been propped up by Chara for a while now. Soderberg will be the interesting case as well because they waited a longgg time to get him here but he has another season or better than last and he might be out of range too if they sign Krecji

If anyone wants to join an NHL fantasy team, since the one on the boards is full, I'm looking to start another one.  Only 4 slots filled so far, so yeah! PM me if you want in!

Just so you know you are 2nd on the list to be added and as of now 3 people have yet to re-join, plus we might expand to 12..

I think with realignment it was pretty obvious expansion was coming in the near future. I think a Vegas franchise would do fine but what I really want is Seattle team.

It just seems asinine to me to put another team out in the desert, where there's one already struggling to survive.

Vegas and Phoenix/Glendale are very different markets and situations. Dallas does just fine and they are a desert market.

The problem with the Coyotes, besides the ownership struggles is they are too far from the main city, I believe they are about 45 min from Phoenix.

I've spent a considerable amount of time in the Vegas area, and I'm not talking about the strip, their suburbs are bigger than most people think and with the amount of transplants in the area plus the fact that there will probably be a lot of interest for tourists in any given night I think a Vegas team could thrive.