NHL Discussion

On the topic of wearing another team's armor, I have several other team's jerseys/hoodies/hats.  A couple reasons, the biggest probably being nostalgia.  I have a Dan Marino Starter jersey for example.  I liked the NBA in it's glory years of Jordan/Bird/Johnson, etc, so have a good handful of old Champion NBA jerseys.  I have a John Rocker Braves jersey.  Several others.  The other reason is I travel a fair amount, and spending any amount of time in a city, their team(s) maybe grow on me just a little.  When in Rome, after all.  Or sometimes just for souvenirs.  I've gone to a few Dallas Stars games, and found a real dope hoodie & hat of theirs, couldn't help but to invest.  People back home in Minnesota give me jive at first for wearing anything Stars (without North in front of it), but when I tell them I got it at their arena, I'm off the hook.

It ain't nothin' wrong, we all love the same game & buy the same tickets to get in.

Can;t speak for the other teams but the Hawks and the trading Sharp rumors has been around for a while. I think they already tried to shop him before the draft. Top 3 guys I keep hearing getting the axe are Sharp, Seabrook or Oduya. The Saad rumor is straight up hilarious considering the fundamental philosophy of the Hawks upgrading their lineup from within. Getting Richards was odd to me as is.

Some crazy predictions here:

http://thehockeywriters.com/30-bold-predictions-for-the-upcoming-nhl-season/

Leafs get Carlyle fired, hire Bylsma mid-season and still make the playoffs. And the Red Wings playoff streak ends. Ok then.

haha haha haha...

Man that was an entertaining read. I for one hope its right! Wanna know why??? DUCKS WIN THE CUP!

Lol at "Kings have to watch their backyard"... As it sits right now, the Kings have the edge over the ducks IMO and really set themselves up to only get stronger and they are solid through and through. Ducks, when clicking, can be the #1 team, but when not, its not a pretty sight.

Also, he said Carlyle gets fired mid-season and they bring in Bylsma who won a cup.... uh.. Carlyle won a cup too.

Thank you for posting that though... Gave me a few chuckles

Speaking of wearing other teams shirts / jerseys.. I own lots of other teams jerseys (especially older "retro ones) any time I wear my retro jerseys out I get complemented.. people love old hockey jerseys... only jersey I would never wear would be a Rangers jersey. I've even owned a Flyers jersey because I am a huge Danny Brière fan and had him sign it for me.

I laughed so fucking hard at the Flyers signing Del Zaster. Its a classic move by the Flyers. Hey we have a shitty D, lets improve that by signing another guy who cant play D! Oh he cant hit a wide open net either? PERFECT!

Timonen is out.. they needed to get a d man with some sort of offensive upside it's only a 1 year deal so I don't see how it'll hurt them at all.

I laughed so fucking hard at the Flyers signing Del Zaster. Its a classic move by the Flyers. Hey we have a shitty D, lets improve that by signing another guy who cant play D! Oh he cant hit a wide open net either? PERFECT!

A "classic move by the flyers" is signing him to a long, overpaid deal. We just got devastating news that kimmo has blood clots and will most likely never play again so we needed to sign somebody. There's not really a lot of options.

There is no upside to Del Zotto. ESPECIALLY offensively. The dude cant hit a wide open fucking net. He also turns it over every time he goes to pass it. He doesnt realize that you cant stretch pass on every fucking play.

Eh I mean I am sure you've seen more of him then I have... I remember when he first came up that he was someone who impressed me when we played you guys... but given that Kimmo is out when you look at Del Zotto's age and his history I just don't see how it hurts.. Dude put up 41 points in 11-12 for a d man that's that young that's crazy.

It does strike me as odd that the preds didn't even qualify him though..

Eh I mean I am sure you've seen more of him then I have... I remember when he first came up that he was someone who impressed me when we played you guys... but given that Kimmo is out when you look at Del Zotto's age and his history I just don't see how it hurts.. Dude put up 41 points in 11-12 for a d man that's that young that's crazy.

It does strike me as odd that the preds didn't even qualify him though..

They didnt qualify him because he fucking sucks and has zero confidence. Dude is too worried about what girls hes gonna bang than concentrating on the game. It blows my mind how much his game deteriorated. That fucker also cost me a lot of money. I shouldve never bought all those rookie cards after his first year...

They didnt qualify him because he fucking sucks and has zero confidence. Dude is too worried about what girls hes gonna bang than concentrating on the game. It blows my mind how much his game deteriorated. That fucker also cost me a lot of money. I shouldve never bought all those rookie cards after his first year...

It's kind of funny you mentioned him fucking girls... I have a friend who worked for a college hockey program that has a Ranger that came from their system and he heard from this dude that Del Zotto is a sexaholic and that he would just bang tons of chicks on road trips lol.

My friend is an intern for the Flyers. He told me how he tries to fuck all the chick interns every time he was in town. Theres tons of shit online about this dude. Theres even pictures of him getting with chicks at college parties during the offseason. Dude sucks. Cares more about pussy than his career.