NHL Discussion

Penguins trade Spaling, Kapanen, Harrington and two picks to Leafs for Kessel and two other contracts, Leafs eat 15% of Phils contract.

First-rounder Penguins are trading is draft-protected. If they miss 2016 playoffs, No. 1 pick to Leafs will be in 2017, instead.

First 3 picks in next years draft will be lottery.

Voynov entered a please to a misdemeanor, 90 days jail 3 years probation. Could still be deported.

Voynov also has to pay fines of approximately $700 and do a 52-week domestic violence course and 8 hours of community service.

@KatieStrangESPN

Should state here that absolutely not a given Slava Voynov gets reinstated. NHL will still conduct its own investigation before deciding

i was mildly excited when the kings got lucic.  ever since last friday though, i feel kind of deflated and not really as excited about the season starting as i have in the past, even before they won the two cups (when they sucked).

i'm still a fan and always will be.  it's just that i'm not really expecting much from this year.  i think the mike richards thing is gonna hang over the team for a bit.  who knows what happens with slava still.  i didn't really think they were absolutely gonna re-sign williams, but i still held out a little hope that they might.  he was my most favorite player over the last 7 years, a time when the kings improved the most, so i was really hoping it would work out.  i hope i'm wrong though and that the kings have a better year this year than last.

today i saw mcjesus in the flesh.  they held an open practice at rexall and i would say there were about 4,000 people there.  Half of the lower bowl was completely full at one point.

Whats the over under and how many games into the season he sustains a season ending injury? Cause, Oilers.

Out of curiosity, what are your expectations for the Sabres and Oilers this year? I'm expecting the Oilers to get sewered here, so no hard feelings.

I think the Oil will put up 85~ points, and the Sabres around 75-80. They're better than Toronto and Carolina already (and Arizona in the west).