NHL Discussion

It was a lose/lose situation. If they invite him to camp, it's a loss.  If they invite him to camp and don't wheel him out in front of the media, it's a loss. If he doesn't have a prepared statement it's a loss. I think they just wanted to get that over with but it's not going away any time soon.

I also find it hilarious that nhl.com isn't enabling comments on any Kane related article.

I'll be at the Oilers home opener. Tickets are going for so much, it's crazy.

It's like the opposite in Toronto. With the atrocious performance of the Leafs last year, not to mention the amazing performance of the Blue Jays right now, I've never felt so much hockey apathy around here. To be honest, myself included. This past year, January to April I watched at most 3 Leaf games (2 in person), and it was the smallest amount of Leafs hockey I've consumed by either TV or radio since I was very young.

I hope the Oilers will be a really fun team to watch. So much talent on one team, but that doesn't always make for good hockey - hopefully they can figure out a good system that promotes the speed and skill available on the top two lines.

This past year, January to April I watched at most 3 Leaf games (2 in person), and it was the smallest amount of Leafs hockey I've consumed by either TV or radio since I was very young.

Same here. I've had Center Ice since '97 and they were unwatchable most of last season - I actually debated not renewing until they signed Babcock. I know he's not a miracle worker, but I do think he's a HOF coach that is going to turn things around sooner than later.

As for the Blue Jays, I'm old enough to remember Exhibition Stadium so it's nice to see them back in contention.

Well Lou Lam's first move was a great start to their 'rebuild'. Trade 5 prospects, one who is NHL ready (Beck), for Grabner... I guess Lupus needed a buddy to stay injured with all season. 

If only their shit performance reflected ticket prices, they're still insane. But that's the point of having Babcock and Shanahan and Lou Lam, when the team is garbage bring in more hockey world celebrities like the team is the panel from American Idol and dummies still show up. They were absolutely atrocious last year and then they traded one of the best scorers of the last 5 years and replaced him with only a coach, how does that equal this insane hope and positivity people now have for the teams future? Mind boggling. 

I hate living in a world in which a preponderance of hockey fans assume that Kane is the victim of a woman looking for a payday. I still say that, accused of something so heinous, any athlete should have to sit their spoiled, overpaid asses down until the matter is satisfactorily settled.

I hate living in a world in which a preponderance of hockey fans assume that Kane is the victim of a woman looking for a payday. I still say that, accused of something so heinous, any athlete should have to sit their spoiled, overpaid asses down until the matter is satisfactorily settled.

Well said. Agreed.

if he's "not guilty" it's only going to further perpetuate the belief a lot of dudes have that women lie about rape, which is very, very rare. Not to mention its newsworthy amongst the worst demographic...young hockey players. The amount of stories I've heard about kids on hockey teams having sex with super drunk girls, filming it, "taking down puck sluts" makes me sick. But now I'm getting slightly off topic.

if he's "not guilty" it's only going to further perpetuate the belief a lot of dudes have that women lie about rape, which is very, very rare. Not to mention its newsworthy amongst the worst demographic...young hockey players. The amount of stories I've heard about kids on hockey teams having sex with super drunk girls, filming it, "taking down puck sluts" makes me sick. But now I'm getting slightly off topic.

Just in case, I want to clarify I don't assume that an assault never happened because of no DNA evidence.