NHL Discussion

Yup. Growing up in Edmonton (highest % of NHL players per capita in the world) I've seen the culture that surrounds hockey players. For the most part, it's fucking disgusting. Almost all the hockey kids who I grew up with that got drafted/were successful/weren't even good at hockey treat women like shit. It's a weird complex that they all seem to have. Whether it's how almost all them refer to women as "targets", or how the second a girl sleeps with a teammate they're a "puckslut" or, the *kinder* term, a "puckbunny". I could talk about it for days, but most of them are cocky, disrespectful, misogynistic pieces of shit.

I've seen this same thing with football players. It's disgusting.

most athletes are pretty huge pieces of shit.

Not necessarily. I used to work at the Hockey Hall of Fame and got to meet a number of hockey players from the last 60 years. While some are huge assholes, there were more than enough players (new and old) who were friendly, warm-hearted, and great guys. There were definitely some who were less friendly, but I will never forget the conversation I had with hall of famer Bobby Baun about his bowel movements now compared to the 70s...

• 2 weeks later...

Another hockey player gets away with bullshit 

Found this today on Puck Daddy. Complied incidents of hockey players and domestic violence/rape etc. Has a story pushed under the rug in 2012 when Kane was seen choking a girl at a frat party and had to be removed from the premises. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cqURgg1eslU9Ky7NOUHlvM0PJ5rVX-FHZuacYBUL77o/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Another hockey player gets away with bullshit 

Found this today on Puck Daddy. Complied incidents of hockey players and domestic violence/rape etc. Has a story pushed under the rug in 2012 when Kane was seen choking a girl at a frat party and had to be removed from the premises. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cqURgg1eslU9Ky7NOUHlvM0PJ5rVX-FHZuacYBUL77o/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

God I fucking hate Scott Stevens

Statement from the Kings

On July 2, Slava Voynov entered a plea of no contest to domestic violence. Since that development, Mr. Voynov has been in the custody of the Seal Beach Detention Center and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. During this period of detention, the Los Angeles Kings decided he would no longer play for the team. The method by which we would ensure this outcome was something we carefully considered and we established a deadline of September 17 – the beginning of our 2015-16 training camp – to reach this outcome. Recently it became evident to us that our conclusion to this process would be to terminate Mr. Voynov’s Standard Player’s Contract. However, Mr. Voynov’s announcement today of his intention to leave the United States and return to Russia makes the termination unnecessary.

As we have publicly stated since Mr. Voynov’s arrest last year, the Kings organization will not tolerate domestic violence. As part of that commitment, we will soon announce a series of new Conduct Awareness Training Initiatives that reflect the values and principles central to our franchise.

The bold parts are interesting.