NHL Discussion

I think the Oilers will improve but with the Pacific being so strong its gonna be tough, i could see them in the 80-90 point range.

Theres no doubt McDavids gonna live up to expectations, Tablot and Sekera will help the back end and I like Mclellan as the coach. We'll see if they can put it all together though.

I actually like what Buffalos done, i think they could crack 80pts

Thats a 45pt swing for Buffalo, and 37 for Edmonton. No doubt both teams will be improved but which teams do you think a step back to make room? I admire your optimism, but ill have have some of what you're drinking.

Colorado did it, so it can be done. I highly doubt Edmonton makes the playoffs though. I'd honestly give Buffalo a better chance than Edmonton, just because of how weak half of the east is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 30 point swing for Edmonton though. Now that we have a real coach that won't be teaching swarm defense. Also, if we get league average goaltending, that alone will make us competitive.

Colorado did it, so it can be done. I highly doubt Edmonton makes the playoffs though. I'd honestly give Buffalo a better chance than Edmonton, just because of how weak half of the east is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 30 point swing for Edmonton though. Now that we have a real coach that won't be teaching swarm defense. Also, if we get league average goaltending, that alone will make us competitive.

eh, that was a pretty big anomaly for the Avs, due in part to their division being abnormally weak.

In the Pacific I think Van & Wpg take a step back but i expect Calgary to be much stronger and LA & SJ to regain form also. So I think its gonna be tough for Edm.

I just don't see who in the Sabres divsion took a big enough step back for them to make up those points. Maybe Ottawa and Boston but i think Florida will be better.

eh, that was a pretty big anomaly for the Avs, due in part to their division being abnormally weak.

In the Pacific I think Van & Wpg take a step back but i expect Calgary to be much stronger and LA & SJ to regain form also. So I think its gonna be tough for Edm.

I just don't see who in the Sabres divsion took a big enough step back for them to make up those points. Maybe Ottawa and Boston but i think Florida will be better.

Wpg is in the central. Calgary is a better team for sure, their defense is nuts. However, last season was an anomaly. I think they're a legit 90-95 point team now. Last year they weren't. Vancouver takes a step back. San Jose is a wildcard, but I don't expect a lot from them, but I doubt they'll be worse than last season. LA will do better. Anaheim is a lock. AZ will tank for Matthews.

Edmonton is gambling on a lot of their pick ups (Sekera playing a full year, Talbot being stellar in front of their utter trash defence, McDavid having a Selanne-esque rookie season) but I'll be surprised if they crack the 70 point mark. I don't think this organization is a single off-season fix, hell, McTavish still has a job there so they aren't fully ready to cut the shit. 

Buffalo could go either way, they have complied a bunch of pieces that were good on their own but had trouble clicking in a team setting, but who knows. I think O'Reilly is criminally underrated, his puck possession and defensive zone starts were way better and harder than Duchene's the last two years and yet no one questions Duchene's star status. Hopefully he can be the guy in Buffalo until Eichel is ready. 

I'm excited to see just how bad Toronto can actually get. They were bottom four this year and they were the only team actually trying to win. Now they've dished the only guy who could score on the team so this will be hilarious. 

I'm hoping for a big time Blue Jackets turn around. They got shit luck last year and added Saad. Can't wait to watch that team this year. 

dallas just got babelicious.

in all seriousness, wonder if saad and sharp missing will affect the hawks much.

I don't know, they have one of the weakest defence corps, especially trading away Daley. Unless Lehtonen and Niemi get to play net at the same time, I think they'll have some trouble.

in all seriousness, wonder if saad and sharp missing will affect the hawks much.

Saad hurts but we got a decent return for him. Sharp is at the tail end of his career. We knew he was a goner. Hawks will be fine, plenty of talent at forward all through the system. And we got Daley in the Sharp trade, that helps the D.

She meant that Sharp is very handsome

haha! yup. :)

and I can't multiquote while mobile but you're very likely right, kgry. i remember saad being pretty damn good vs. the Kings in previous playoff rounds so I was surprised at that move but he's not integral to the team.

I do wonder if ladies in Hawks land shed a tear over losing sharp like I did over Williams though. probably similar scenario there. Williams is probably nearing the tail end of his career but damn, he's such a gamer in the playoffs and a babe to boot. I'm interested to see if he can add a spark to the caps via turning it on in the playoffs and/or veteran leadership.

Saad is an exceptional player who losing will forever be a major bummer to that organization, no matter what anyone is saying. He was arguably the best player the Hawks had besides Keith from start to finish this past playoffs. His consistency helped big time for a team who had players dipping in and out of production round to round. Saad will be a star and is already amazing but that's the nature of the cap game. 

Sharp I think is good for 60 points again on Dallas, especially in a system where so long as you score you don't seem to have to uphold any defensive responsibility. Still blowing my mind they haven't traded for a top 2 defenceman. Klingberg is their best D man by a landslide and that's terrible. 

Bickell is much more of a mind exploding contract. Bickell couldn't even break 40 points in the AHL let alone an NHL season. Saad has already done 47 and 52 and two full NHL campaigns. He's faster, better in virtually every area and could actually keep up with Chicago's top 6, something Bickell cannot and will never do. That was one of Bowman's few bad contracts. 

Kessler is one of my most hated players on my second most hated team so I hope it fucks them both.

Lots of negativity lately so yo, I hope the Blue Jackets really turn it around this year. Team I'm excited to watch grow.

Its been a long time coming. Unfortunately, the only player I was really enjoying grow into a comfortable player last year was Dano, but he's sporting a hawks jersey now. Im afraid he'll end up having more points than Saad this season.