NHL Discussion

How is everyone liking their teams/match-ups headed into the playoffs?

The Flyers have been looking like total ass the past few weeks. Not liking their performance as they back into the playoffs. Defense has looked so spotty and the goaltending has been awful. They're gonna need to turn it around to even make it out of the first round.

Assuming they stay matched against Carolina, I like that the best. They haven't lost to them all year. Sounds easier than seeing Pittsburgh or dropping down and playing Jersey. Those two scare me. Hopefully they can use this extra game to hold their spot.

Holy Crap, the Blues clinched a playoff spot!!!! IT's been way too long! I can't believe they were in last place in the West two months ago. Incredible. I don't care if they go 4 and out, which there is a good chance they will since they are most likely playing San Jose or Detroit. The last 6 weeks of hockey has just been amazing here and I hope they can keep going.

The Wild are so boring. I was really hoping Nashville and STL would make the playoffs and knock Anaheim out but it looks like Nashville is going home. Still, STL making it is awesome.

Hawks are playing Calgary at home unless Calgary wins game 82 and Vancouver loses game 82. Otherwise Vancouver gets the division. I wish they'd announce the damn schedule already.

The Wild are so boring. I was really hoping Nashville and STL would make the playoffs and knock Anaheim out but it looks like Nashville is going home. Still, STL making it is awesome.

Hawks are playing Calgary at home unless Calgary wins game 82 and Vancouver loses game 82. Otherwise Vancouver gets the division. I wish they'd announce the damn schedule already.

I would love to see St. Louis play Chicago somewhere along the line. Getting a meaningful rivalry again between those two teams would be tons of fun. It would be like the old Brett Hull and Jeromy Roenick days!!

Franzen signs an 11 year deal - that seems excessive....cant imagine a dude who plays as tough as him being too effective on the end of that contract when he is in the 37-40 yrs range

He won't play that long. This is Holland's way of getting around the salary cap. Franzen's contract is front loaded and it slowly decreases, but the cap hit remains the same -- $3.9 million per year. When Franzen retires that cap hit goes away, but he still gets his money. So what Detroit is doing is giving him a ton of money and spreading it across several years. I don't like it, but there's no rule against it in the CBA.