My first vinyl purchase from Best Buy....

They had a pretty good amount too, but it was all kind of awkwardly displayed on the top of all of the cd racks.

they do they same thing at my best buy but dont really have that much. they only have a few copies of coldplay's viva la vida standing up on the top shelf in the boxset section. every so often when im in there i see a few kids looking at the record and wondering what it is. best response i heard was a giant book.

How much did they have, and where are you? The Hastings Books/Music/DVDs/Games near me just started carrying a little bit of vinyl.

the hastings near me started carrying vinyl too. The selection though isnt that great, so i have to special order stuff.

but on the plus side every friday they have 20% off vinyl.

I am almost positive Best Buy will not carry vinyl like they carry a large amount of cds. They probably have a vinyl distributor that they worked out a deal with to sell material through their website. Best Buy may take the order and send it to the distributor with a little price markup, and the distributor processes the order. It's basically a distributor paying use Best Buy's website. I don't know this for sure, but it seems the most likely way.

Best Buy could have a vinyl warehouse somewhere, but I really doubt it. They just try and stock a few copies of a new record that they are 99% sure they can sell quickly, and let someone else deal with 6000 slow moving titles.

I am almost positive Best Buy will not carry vinyl like they carry a large amount of cds. They probably have a vinyl distributor that they worked out a deal with to sell material through their website. Best Buy may take the order and send it to the distributor with a little price markup, and the distributor processes the order. It's basically a distributor paying use Best Buy's website. I don't know this for sure, but it seems the most likely way.

Best Buy could have a vinyl warehouse somewhere, but I really doubt it. They just try and stock a few copies of a new record that they are 99% sure they can sell quickly, and let someone else deal with 6000 slow moving titles.

I'm pretty sure this is it. I had ordered a couple of records through their website around february, records they claimed that were instock, only to find out a month later that they were on backorder, and then, not available.