More Rocky Votolato Makers vinyl

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Rocky Votolato "Makers" German Import LP

Despite what you see in the above photo, we just got in a handful of copies of "Makers", my favorite album from Rocky Votolato. From what I gather, this was only pressed in Germany and is close to being out of print. I should be getting more next year, but I only have a few in the store right now.

So explain to me how this happens, the above photo was of a record that was in the very middle of the shipment. The surrounding records were all fine, but the one in the middle was completely broken in half. The only thing I can think of is that when traveling through customs, a customs official decided to bend a record and tuck it back into the middle of the box. So fucking weird.

i always thought this record was limited, but i've been seeing it everywhere lately. virgil, is this only pressed on black? i'm pretty sure it is.

they did 200 on blue and I was told that I would be getting 2 in this shipment, but they were not in there.

• 6 years later...

Rocky Votolato is extremely underrated. Nice to see this pop up again with a nice color. Decided spin mine for old times sake, I'm very fond of this variant as well:

2gseuyt.jpg

That's gorgeous. I have the translucent blue variant. Have loved this album since '06. My fave by his and I like The Brag & Cuss too. Haven't kept up with his newer stuff, but the stuff I heard definitely didn't come close to topping Makers in my book.

Haven't kept up with his newer stuff, but the stuff I heard definitely didn't come close to topping Makers in my book.

Makers is my favorite album of his too, and I enjoy all of his albums from Suicide Medicine up til his most recent. I like "True Devotion" more than The Bragg & Cuss personally - you should check out that album if you haven't, it's similar to Makers. They also have some cool variants of True Devotion in the store still left in stock somehow (again, he's underrated haha)

Makers is my favorite album of his too, and I enjoy all of his albums from Suicide Medicine up til his most recent. I like "True Devotion" more than The Bragg & Cuss personally - you should check out that album if you haven't, it's similar to Makers. They also have some cool variants of True Devotion in the store still left in stock somehow (again, he's underrated haha)

Apparently Rocky played a house show close to where I live and it was poorly promoted, so no one knew until photos of the show went up on someone's FB page. This was last week. So bummed.

Apparently Rocky played a house show close to where I live and it was poorly promoted, so no one knew until photos of the show went up on someone's FB page. This was last week. So bummed.

Yeah that is a bummer. I've heard of him doing house show tours similar to David Bazan, but the promotion isn't nearly as good it seems cause the Bazan shows almost always sell out and I always hear about them.

I did see Rocky was doing some house shows recently cause another designer I follow hosted a show and designed the show poster, but that was the only thing I had heard of the entire tour, and only because of the designer haha.